Re: No Heirloom Shards

by LazHolt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No Heirloom Shards

★★★★★ Novice

I'm so confused. I thought the patch notes said any progress currently made towards heirlooms would convert into shards.

"The shards will have the same drop rate as the previous system, so that after 500 Apex Packs, you will have enough Heirloom Shards to obtain an Heirloom set from the Heirloom shop. And don’t worry, your existing progress towards the 500 Apex Packs will carry over with the switch. "

I've played since week once, I'm nearly 150 levels into the game, and while I've never purchased packs, I've earned lots of them. It's possible that I just still haven't had the luck to open an heirloom pack, but I just don't think it's possible that I've earned ZERO points towards one.

Maybe I don't understand what they mean, can someone tell me what the update was supposed to do??

Message 1 of 82 (25,545 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi, the system is fundamentally unchanged, if you get lucky or hit 500 packs, you'll get a single pack which contains 150 shards, which can be traded for the heirloom of your choice. 

If you're level 150 you'd have 83 packs from leveling, and there are 12 packs per completed Battle Pass, if that helps you get an idea of how many packs you have. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 82 (25,527 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi, the system is fundamentally unchanged, if you get lucky or hit 500 packs, you'll get a single pack which contains 150 shards, which can be traded for the heirloom of your choice. 

If you're level 150 you'd have 83 packs from leveling, and there are 12 packs per completed Battle Pass, if that helps you get an idea of how many packs you have. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 82 (25,528 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

so the most and only sure-fire way that anyone near my level has gotten any heirlooms at this point is by purchasing loot boxes in the store ............. bogus.

Message 3 of 82 (25,478 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_David Okay, you answered the question I was about to ask myself since, well, the way the put it in the update, it sounded like people would be getting a shard or shards per pack they opened and/or getting shards for every pack they've already opened. Kind of disappointing that it's still a long shot chance to unlock just one Heirloom, especially since there's multiple Heirlooms now (and I really don't feel like buying 2000+ packs to get them).

I do have one more question though: When I went to the Heirloom Shop, it looks like you only get the weapon when you buy a Heirloom. Did they remove the other items from Heirlooms (banner poses and quips)?
Message 4 of 82 (25,437 Views)

★★★ Novice

i gotten a hearloom on level 2 and now im level 216 and i have no shards for the amount of pack i have opened whats going on 

Message 5 of 82 (25,409 Views)

@EA_David thank you for clearing that up

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 6 of 82 (25,384 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am at level 384 and I’ve never found any heirloom shards so don’t feel bad!!

Message 7 of 82 (25,170 Views)

★★★ Guide

Level 500 here. 

Completed all battlepasses.

Purchased 110 loot packs.

Got kunai on Feb 8, 2019 on 7th pack.  Early buyer bonus probability or just very lucky?

I should be in the 400 range after that.  So it must be at every 500th pack now.  So after 8 more battle passes I should get some shards....

Message 8 of 82 (25,060 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ItzBakedPotato For me, it was purely based on luck. I'm level 444 and have been playing since week one, I have a total of 67 days playtime and went an entire YEAR without a single heirloom, even though I had bought some packs from time to time. I got my first heirloom in my 500th pack. After that, I got extremely lucky. My second heirloom dropped right after the first one, so I got two in a row. A couple weeks later I got 150 shards in a pack. It's so random I don't even know anymore ^^
Message 9 of 82 (24,960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My official lvl is 750 and i never got any heirloom. ( I play Apex since march 2019 )

Message 10 of 82 (24,727 Views)