New weapon: Havoc Opinions

by Zeelmaekers

Original Post

New weapon: Havoc Opinions

[ Edited ]

Hey guys!

Today the first new weapon was released.

Havoc energy Rifle: Intoduction Havoc

Base Damage: - 75

Headshot Damage: - 36

Base Rate of Fire: - 80

Base Magazine Capacity: - 25

Reload Time: - 3.2

Ammo Type: Energy Ammo

What is your experience with the weapon?

what do you think about the:

• Base Magazine Capacity
  • Wind up time
  • Compatible Hop-Ups
  • The general feel of the weapon?

I think it feel pretty powerful, a bit strange in single shot mode but it's DPS is high and can be a really powerful weapon in the right hands.

It's a bit odd more Hop-Up's are compatible with the weapon but this will make current meta interesting.

Source: Apex wiki - Havoc Rifle

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 1 of 20 (827 Views)

Re: New weapon: Havoc Opinions

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I tried it in shooting range.

I'll probably switch from VK-47 Flatine to Havok whenever I can, because I like Full-Auto AR. I play on console and my aiming isn't as accurate as I would like it to be.

My main so far is Lifeline and my favourite loadout at the moment (very changeable) is: Peacekeeper + Longbow DMR or Peacekeeper + VK-47 Flatline. Like I said, I'll probably swap the Heavy Bullets AR for that new Havok...

As for my opinion about the Havok:

• I like the fact that is has more rounds per magazine that any other un-modded AR.
  • I think its recoil is easier to manage versus "VK-47"' one.
  • It produces as much damage as the Hemlock, but it's full-auto. Wink
  • Obviously, I don't like the warm-up time, but I guess that is what the hop-up is for... Right?
Message 2 of 20 (815 Views)

★★ Guide
Haven't tested it personally yet, but from what i seen energy ammo keeps that weapon in check from being like always pick or use till end.
Message 3 of 20 (797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

How suprising, it's poorly balanced, compared to it's brothers

Message 4 of 20 (796 Views)

Not impressed with the Havoc..

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I got a bit excited when I heard there was a new gun added. I wasn't expecting some kind of gamebreaking meta-weapon but I was at least expecting something well...good.

As standard it's a mess really. You can only equip a standard stock to improve handling and even with a level 3 it's well..pretty horrid. It takes a while to fire, being an energy weapon and all and with the select fire hop-up it's still pretty crappy. I was expecting the select fire to maybe turn it in to an energy single shot scout weapon but you have to charge it up with each single shot for really crappy damage at best making the select fire hop-up pretty awful with it.

It only becomes tollerable when you get the turbocharger hop-up for it which annoys me because we already have a weapon like that. It's called the devotion except the devotion seems to be more reliable handling and damage wise which is something I never thought I'd say because I dislike the devotion immensely.

Message 5 of 20 (680 Views)

[ Edited ]

Havoc i find is best at smg range using of course automatic firing mode.

Close but not too close... Its hipfire is REALLY bad.

If you can hit them while ads at short range it kills people in under a second nomatter what armor they have on.

The single fire on it is garbage in comparison to the wingman... But wingman is op to all hell anyway.

Message 6 of 20 (782 Views)

★★★ Novice
its not like AR more of a LMG?
Message 7 of 20 (758 Views)

My opinion on Havoc

★★★★ Novice

Pros :

- Nice damage
- Recoil is alright
- The rate of Fire feels nice
- good gun for players who spend more time looting buildings rather than chasing kills

* :
- Terrible for the early game unless you get lucky with a turbocharger.
- Hard to refill (since enemy players rarely use energy ammo, this makes the gun hard to keep until the end-game).
- Single fire beam looks cool but isn't really worth it.

In conclusion, for me, this gun falls in the same category as the Devotion, I always run out of ammo with it since the defeated enemies rarely provide free refills because most people would rather carry Light or Heavy ammo.

Message 8 of 20 (673 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I don't appreciate that it's hit-scan. At all. From what I see the the single shot is garbo, but since it's a hitscan weapon it either will remain trash or they will buff it and it will become broken. Especially since all the other long range guns have bullets that travel barely faster than a paintball gun.
Message 9 of 20 (754 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

The charged (aka sniper) version while being hitscan does less damage than a long bow and can only be fired 5 times before having to reload while the longbow can be upgraded to hold 10-12 plus LB can use skull crusher for max headshot damage which the havoc can only dream of. If you really cannot find any sniper rifle and you need long range, maybe use it with charged shot, otherwise use full auto version + sniper in secondary slot. 

While it's mag size is meh in late game, it makes up for it with good DPS (not as good as R-99 or R-301 but good nonetheless) and easy to control recoil. You're better off using it with an AR mentality. The spool-up time, even on default without the turbo, is manageable unlike the devotion but I would still advise against using it in CQC as any R-99, R-301 or shotgun (well duh, PK is so broken it beats anything) will dump on you as you start spooling it up. Only really bad thing about it is the ammo type though. If you're unlucky, you will run out of energy ammo quite rapidly. 

In short, I see it like a R-301 that sacrifices a bit of DPS to gain a bit of accuracy. 

Message 10 of 20 (739 Views)