Re: New Charge Rifle is broken OP

by -R-RiCE41

Original Post

New Charge Rifle is broken OP

★ Guide

Anything hitscan is immediately going to be very powerful

ADD on to that, it does EXTREMELY high damage per body shot

AND has a rate of fire that competes with longbow and triple take, and you have a weapon that is stupid OP

I think the weapon needs an increased charge up time, such that it requires tracking the target for a noticeable period of time (plus reducing the rate it does damage before it even fires)

Message 1 of 23 (3,334 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Exactly. It is OP.

• Instantly deals damage.
  • Overall damage is too high.
  • No bullet drop
  • Useful without any attachments
  • Overlaps with Havoc + Select fire
Message 2 of 23 (3,305 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Mad_Dog8762

Its not op. The longbow and tripletake still kills faster.
Message 3 of 23 (3,309 Views)

★★★ Pro
@hhnbbfggty66 You must be tripping. The Charge Rifle is the strongest normal sniper in the game right now. I made a thread about the Charge Rifle already.

It will get nerfed and people in Rank will always have 1 or 2 people with the charge rifle on their team.

As for the OP, the hit scan is fine. The 301/flatline are hitscan with the Anvil. Those two are balanced but the tracking damage and the overall body shot or headshot damage is what is not balanced on the charge rifle.

Give it time the I'm sure the devs will fine a way to balance its power.

Remember, the havoc was overpowered when it was released and got balanced.
Message 4 of 23 (3,301 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Leo_the_Lion25 NO NERFs!

Dont take my precious charge rifle away from me!!
Message 5 of 23 (3,255 Views)

★★★ Pro
@hhnbbfggty66 You like broken weapons though. You like Disruptors which were broken on the altenator. Now you doing the same for Charge Rifle. I like the gun, but it broken.
Message 6 of 23 (3,225 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ight man, you not wrong, but let's be honest here, you can nerf the charge up time, you could nerf the rate of fire, you could nerf its versatility somehow, but just like the longbow, just like triple take, just like G7 Scout, it'll still be good to use even if it gets nerfed to the ground. I mean, Look at the R-99. 3 bullets may not be much, but * Frown it hurts my soul. I think the only way to nerf it without completely disowning it from the game, you could dim down the drop rate for energy ammo since I got killed by a squad in ranked who ran nothing but havocs and charge rifles, the charge up time could be nerfed a bit, and the ROF, but let's be honest They won't ever change the No bullet drop bit.

Message 7 of 23 (3,202 Views)

★★★ Pro

Halloween is most likely when the next patch nerf will hit.

Message 8 of 23 (3,188 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The Charge Rifle needs to be nerfed, any combination of reducing damage dealt, time to charge the weapon, longer delay between shots, and damage drop-off over range.

Message 9 of 23 (3,111 Views)

★ Apprentice

ofc its OP what are you on?

takes Purple armor shields down in 1 hit, 2 more shots are u dead and with the rate of fire it has it become just stupid.

Message 10 of 23 (3,074 Views)