Re: Nerf the Volt - Remove the R-99

by Gator762FMJ

Original Post

Nerf the Volt - Remove the R-99

★ Guide

The Volt has the accuracy and range of an assault rifle, and the R-99 is run by literally every single player in the game because the fire-rate, damage, and close-range accuracy makes it a brainless meta crutch. I find it bizarre that somebody decided it would be a high-IQ idea to have both the Volt AND the R-99 as ground loot at the same time - or in the game at the same time at all for that matter.

Message 1 of 21 (2,318 Views)

★★ Expert
@SugaryJuice I mean, it used to be worse. The current R-99 is far weaker than the original one.
Also, last season they had the Volt and the Prowler on ground loot, so it’s not like it was any different.
Message 2 of 21 (2,254 Views)

★★ Pro

yes pls so everyone is back at running arround with a mastiff

And no Volt has not the range accuracy of a r301 or hemlock

Message 3 of 21 (2,243 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SugaryJuice Both needs to spawn less and have more recoil long range. I'm tired of running into full teams that use both guns and they can just beam you 50, 60, 80, 100+ meters away.
Message 4 of 21 (2,197 Views)

★★ Guide
@SugaryJuice 100% AGREE. It's so annoying that respawn put it back on the floor.

The game was never more balanced and enjoyable than when the R99 was removed from the floor loot. Now we're back to where we were. EVERY game is the same thing. Just R99's EVERYWHERE. Seriously, might as well rename your game R99 Legends because every endgame circle is just R99's being spammed in every direction. IT'S PATHETIC.

I am so tired of hearing about how the R99 isn't that good but yet you'll see every sweatlord and """"""pro"""""" using it in every match. I am so sick and tired of hearing "el-em-ay-oh if ets so gud den... den y u no use it??? cheg mate :DDD" or "ackchually these spread sheets say that it theoretically has lower DPS than other weapons that are more difficult to control so therefore it's not OP... yes, I know I'm not taking into account how the weapon mechanics work comparatively but ignoring the practicality is the only way my argument holds water", it's all just so tiresome. As if using it has anything to do with the fact that it's existence breaks the game and makes everything else inferior by comparison. As if theory-crafting is always equivalent to something in practice.

The R99 is stupidly OP and as a result it makes the game fundamentally unenjoyable. Picking anything up as a secondary except an R99 is essentially neutering yourself for your own amusement.
Why, Respawn?! WHY DO YOU DO THIS?
Message 5 of 21 (2,182 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@xTomboyRespecter The R-99 isn't good..... If you're a noob with it. The reason why it's so loved is because pros, sweats, and cheaters can just pick it up, 360 turn around, and flatten anyone in their way. The fast dps makes it almost impossible for people to avoid getting hurt. But if you can't aim properly, the dps means nothing.
Message 6 of 21 (2,179 Views)

★★ Expert
@xTomboyRespecter I mean, if that’s the case, then the Prowler, Volt, and Devotion would also be stupidly OP.
Message 7 of 21 (2,164 Views)

★ Guide
@Midnight9746 It's stupid OP with the cheaters and those with controller aim assist, I've spectated and the R-99 had virtually zero recoil. There was a vid right on the Apex Legends twitter of a PS4 player lasering someone with an R-99 and blue barrel with no apparent recoil whatsoever.

Jumped into firing range, ran through about 30-40 mags with the R-99 and a blue barrel and couldn't recreate the apparent zero recoil on keyboard & mouse. And this is with a top of the line new Razer mouse.
Message 8 of 21 (2,097 Views)

★★ Expert
@Gator762FMJ At close range, yeah it’s easy to laser.

At medium range then they’re either good or just hacking.
Message 9 of 21 (2,094 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Gator762FMJ I know, it's crazy how okay the aim assist is allowed to be. I've played a game where I hit a Horizon roughly 35 meters away with a volt, and most of the shots missed. Then they hit me the same distance, with the same gun, and instantly cracked my armor and knocked me. Sure, they're on PC, but that doesn't stop one from connecting a controller into their system or using cheats to make the system think you're using a controller when you're not. (Dude moved like a controller player, looted my box while standing still, insta 360 snapped to my teammate behind them, and back again to hit our 3rd down. I got revived by, our Lifeline before she went down, the Horizon barely looked at me, and hit me in the head, according to the damage review.

I honestly don't know if they were on a controller, but I know they weren't at all legit.
Message 10 of 21 (2,080 Views)