Nerf Spitfire damage

by Seenan1

Original Post

Nerf Spitfire damage

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

20 to body and 15 to limbs is too much considering it has a potential 35->60 ammo magazine to work with. To put it in perspective, Flatline has a 16 damage to chest. That's 2 extra bullets to kill someone (and Flatline's fire-rate isn't that great anyway). With the mag At 60, that's at least two reloads of any other non-LMG gun AND it does more damage than most other guns that aren't shotguns, snipers or the Wingman... The TTK (which is only decent cause of its damage) is only beaten by the meta guns right now which are R99 (another gun that is probably too strong right now), Wingman (which is already getting nerfed), and possibly the Carbine. But I wouldn't say the Carbine needs nerfs. It needs a buff for its near-useless Lv1 Extended Mags (* 2 ammo)...but that's another story.

If I wanted to win in the easiest way possible, I'd just find a Spitfire and win the game as me and my friend have demonstrated (we both killed everything, each having a Spitfire) and barely aim to win the game. I don't care to win under the easiest conditions though cause that's not even fun to accomplish (or else I wouldn't dislike the Wraith WM/PK meta...cause those are easy/cheesy variables to win with).

Idc that it has a high mag, but lower its damage to compensate (or bring other guns up in terms of mag or something). Just from the PK/WM getting somewhat nerfed, (or just because people have caught on), people are mostly using Spitfire/WM, Spitfire/R99, or Spitfire/PK or variations of those 4 guns.

Message 1 of 11 (1,622 Views)

Re: Nerf Spitfire damage

★★ Novice

i love the gun, gives u a lot of ammo to handle the rushing shotgun people who spam space and shot 😂

Message 2 of 11 (1,616 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Both PK and Spitfire are dumb ways to play the game, cause they're both op ways to do so. It legitimately doesn't matter if you miss a whole 30 bullets cause you still have 30 left assuming purple mags. Even blue extended mags gets you to 55 ammo. PK just has dumb range and should be a 3-shot kill unless you headshot, rather than the 2 right now.

Message 3 of 11 (1,604 Views)

★ Guide

You can only hipfire spray the gun in close ranges because its accuracy and recoil is not great. You can ADS somewhat reliably but you have almost no movement speed so you're a free kill to several other guns if people can aim. Hemlock, R301, R99, Wingman can all trade with the spitfire at medium to long ranges, and obviously the snipers at long range. The same goes for close ranges as well but the Hemlock will be at a bit of a disadvantage without very good aim. It's also kind of an impossible recoil to learn and keep track of when you're holding down the trigger in close range so a lot of your shots are naturally going to miss. I don't know what you're talking about tbh, I very rarely see the spitfire being used into the midgame as most people gravitate towards the more rounded guns I already stated and I never feel like them having a spitfire is the reason I lost a fight.

Message 4 of 11 (1,588 Views)

★ Guide

spitfire with level 3 upgrade is beast, Must nurf it after level 3 . 

Message 5 of 11 (1,523 Views)

★ Guide
I believe the Spitfire is fine. I get most of my Spitfires from people I kill and take them. I rarely find them on the map. If they were over powered everyone would be winning with them. It is just my favorite gun, and has been since the original titanfall. It is one of the harder guns to shoot accurately.
Message 6 of 11 (1,493 Views)

★★ Guide

Oh man, an LMG using a lot of bullets and eating people up close. What a NOVEL idea

Message 7 of 11 (1,465 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ikr its so * unbalanced

Message 8 of 11 (1,254 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I happened to get a spitfire right off drop at Airbase and wiped a full team no problem. I agree it needs to be toned down. I honestly should pick it up every time I see it for easier wins

I do think extended mags on certain guns should give so much ammo. Like extended mags for wingman should give 1 bullet per tier, not 2. Same with Longbow. 6 base, 7 tier 1, 8 tier 2 and a max of 9 for tier 3. Honestly the longbow shouldnt even have 6 bullets in the mag to begin with

Looking at other guns like the r301 starts out 18, tier 1 mag gives it TWO FREAKING BULLETS. 

Message 9 of 11 (1,222 Views)

Champion

I think spitfire damage is fine, but the hip-fire accuracy is way to high for an LMG

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 10 of 11 (1,215 Views)