Re: NERF ENERGY WEAPONS!

by IBURNUALL

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

Oh yeah lets not lie. The havoc and especially devotion can melt whole teams early game. Insanely powerful. How useful are the energy weapons for mid game and late game? Most of our loot is gotten from the players we kill so how likely do you think it is to find devotion ammo mid or late game? What value do you think a devotion will have if you somehow take away its few strengths?

Most people complain about something they dislike while holding on to logical reasons why something might be unbalanced without considering the whole picture. I'm fine with weakening the devotion and havoc if you can give them something to keep them viable in the game. Someone suggested allowing the Havoc to use both select fire and turbo charger together. Even if you knocked back the havoc's ammo to 20 this combination seems strong. A fully kit havoc could be a high damage single shot weapon at a distance or a gun that can melt you at close range if you get select fire, turbo charger, and energy extended mags.

Gimping the ammo but increasing its attachment options seems like a fair way to balance one of the weapons at least.

Message 21 of 33 (556 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@itsSwazzi That's why they are introducing Energy extended mags lvl 1,2,3 in Season 2. Early game nerf.
Message 22 of 33 (562 Views)

Community Manager

How do you all feel about the Havoc's select fire hit-scan ability? It's quite powerful, but do you always use it when you have the option to? 

Blueberry.png
Message 23 of 33 (548 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

To be honest I only tested it once. There's charge up time until it fires and the bullet moves slowly. Haven't used it in an actual fight but it seems faster and safer to dive an enemy and melt them at close range than to try the single shot that select fire gives you. Maybe I'll give it a shot the next time I play but the havoc's delay on automatic is a small drawback. The delay on select fire is a massive obstacle in active combat.

Message 24 of 33 (536 Views)

★★ Pro
@heme725 The bullet is instant, thats what he means by hitscan. There is no travel time.

I barely see anyone using the singlefire and I stay away from it myself. Itll probably come in more after this patch so Id wait and see before changing anything about it. Its easy for hitscan to = OP on peoe with decent connections.
Message 25 of 33 (528 Views)

★★ Apprentice

On PS4 players basically hardly if ever use it. Making it better could be useful ...just dont increase the fire rate on that ... could help people deal with the possible longbow nerfs likely coming ?... I do not mind if someone can shoot me from far away ... I do mind when that shot kills me after just two hits. The firerate on the single fire part of the havok would be much more balanced then the current long range weapons.

Also, to anyone saying the devotion / Havok does NOT need a nerf ..... Why you always lyin ?

The gun outdamages any weapon in close range ... if @EA_Blueberry could post all weapon stats especially lately I am sure the spike in death to devotion especially would be astronomically high. 

I am pretty confident that @EA_Blueberry and the devs have evidence that is aligned with the fact that the Devotion and Havok are a problem. I cannot speak for the PC community ... A big thing imo when it comes to these guns is that its likely alot easier to deal with on PC ... your ability to straife dodge and weave on top of really strong aiming ability on top of the sensitivity being astronomical .... maybe its not as effective against you guys.

But for us PS4 players where movement is sluggish not as responsive with us only being able to turn soo quickly and severly limiting our ability to dodge its really a pain in the neck ... I have died more to the Devotion / Havok than ANY other gun period since the update for energy weapons being easier to "MAIN" Its to the point where I do not even want to play the game anymore.

Having strong guns is fun I agree ... but having guns that are so strong they create an unfair experience within the constraints of what your playing on is not cool. This is why I stated honestly that PC / Console balance should seriously be seperated. Problems for us console players will undoubtably NOT be an issue for the PC community. There really is not much reason to NOT seperate the balances unless cross play is going to happen ... which would kill the game forever sooo yea not gunna happen because console players would get owned by PC players and quit lol.

Currently on PS4 the meta is to have at least two people with energy weapons and then carry a longbow / wingman. You basically can't deal with them at range and you cant deal with them in close because if you dont have an energy weapon yourself your basically outgunned at both ranges. 

PS4 fights basically equate to a rave party ... all you see is lazers ...... lazers EVERYWHERE !  

Message 26 of 33 (515 Views)

Re: Nerf Energy Weapons!

★ Guide
@EA_BlueberryPhaserA2 Agreed
Message 27 of 33 (474 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry I honestly see people use that attachment once in blue moon for havoc, I have only used it once seens I started very unused I love the concept of it though it's interesting but I hardly see anyone use it many like total of 10-15 times out of 1000 of games played iv seen lol.

What were u think about when you comment like improvment's of energy weapons or are you just seeing if it's used often or if people like? Love to hear some of your more in depth idea blueberry. 👍lol

And GT I know iv seen your comment before I still haven't seen that iv looked for specific 1,2,3 level mags can't find it for havoc you got a link I can see by chance
Message 28 of 33 (466 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Message 29 of 33 (459 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

So apparently they increased the rounds of energy weapons with a level 3 mag instead of keeping the same old clip size with a level 3 mag.

Devotion 44> 48

Havoc 32> 36

You are crazy guys! xD

Also i think it fires fast even without the turbocharger or there is a bug with selectfire and you just don't need a turbocharger. 

I'll have to play more games to check this for sure.

Message 30 of 33 (370 Views)