Re: NERF ENERGY WEAPONS!

by itsSwazzi

Original Post

Nerf the energy weapons, Noobs are going crazy.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Please nerf the energy weapons, it's a little pathetic when i take three shots from a havoc with a purple shield and die. I understand that psychologically games are set up so bad and good players have a chance, and in your mind even though the bad people will use the over-amped weapon to win which will for the most part put them on our level without having to be as good, so it's a scale for the most part that weighs out the game. Still the guns are sad and need to be nerf'd. All the noobs are using them now.

Message 11 of 33 (712 Views)

Re: Nerf the energy weapons, Noobs are going crazy.

★★★ Guide

Just because you have level 3 shields doesn't mean you should be able to tank everything in front of you.

Message 12 of 33 (694 Views)

Re: Nerf the energy weapons, Noobs are going crazy.

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Energy weapons DO need a nerf. Energy weapons were the reason I stopped playing for quite a while because I was sick and tired of being insta murdered regardless of how kitted out I was. They make purple armour seem like you're wearing no armour at all and in a game that thrives off of "Better loot means higher chance of survival" that's a huge issue.

Energy weapons have thier negatives for sure. Very high recoil for example and to be truly effective they need a turbocharger but that is NO excuse for them being as powerful as they are. What I'd say is let them rip shields to shreds but do next to no damage to health. They can be used as a switch out weapon similar to how weapons work in other games. Use your havoc/devotion to tear down the shields then switch to your secondary to finish the kill.

Halo 3 for example. There was a tactic to where you'd pop a sniper shot in to the body, switch out your BR and get a headshot to finish the kill. It was risky but effective. I'd like to see Energy weapons used in a similar way. It'd be a "ballanced nerf" in that they are hyper effective against shields but not very effective against raw HP.

Message 13 of 33 (648 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@EA_BlueberryPlease dont think this forum represent the community. Energy weapons are fine, and has their niche in the games arsenal. If you just watch the kill feed in most games, VERY few people uses them as their main after the initial stages of a match, i.e at the point when most players have their favorite weapons. I dont think I can even remember last time I fought vs an energy weapon during the last 2 squads.

Yes, the Havoc and Devotion are both gnarly at close range if you have the Turbocharger; a GOLDEN item. It SHOULD be good then. But if we include attachments, I would take a pimped out R99 or R301 before a turbocharged energy weapon any day in the week. Also, energy weapon loses a lot of ground on the mid range due to its inaccuracy which makes if far less versatile than the R301 for instance.

Message 14 of 33 (615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I don't see any point in carrying a gun that damages shields over a gun that melts shields and health. I also agree that energy guns are insanely strong but only close range and even then only if you don't expect them. Even as Gibraltar I can slide away from someone using a turbo charged devotion if I know he has one so the only issue seems to be from people who were ambushed by them. What changes do people want to make to a gun thats slow to fire, inaccurate at a distance, and burns through ammo?

Honestly we'd only be changing the situation from being melted by the havoc to being one shot by a peacekeeper or melted by the r-99 so whats the point? If a change is necessary I start with making the reloads longer to punish those that spray (myself included).

Message 15 of 33 (581 Views)

★★ Guide

People complain way to much about guns they die to. How is the Havoc and Devotion OP ? If it was so OP every single person would use it and I dont know one good person that uses this gun over the 301 or R99.

The energy weapons are fine and if you die to one of these its simply a error by yourself by not hitting all your shots or charging into a squad  and running right into the gun.

Remember, the devotion is only meant to be a mid to close range gun and is pretty unstable and slow to use without attachments (Havoc is a bit better) and I dont die much at all from these energy weapons, so that must tell you something.

Message 16 of 33 (578 Views)

★★ Novice

The devo might as well be an SMG. With the crazy damage and insane rof and the massive mag, it's an r99 on steroids 

Message 17 of 33 (423 Views)

★★ Novice

One 44 round mag with the devo does 750 DAMAGE. Early game, you can wipe an entire squad with one mag. Doesn't that sound a bit powerful?

Message 18 of 33 (423 Views)

★★★ Guide
@itsSwazzi when you dont have a turbocharger it really can be quite uneventful to use, it takes a long time to spin up to fire so it leaves a pause and time for the other team to counter.
Message 19 of 33 (411 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Oh yeah lets not lie. The havoc and especially devotion can melt whole teams early game. Insanely powerful. How useful are the energy weapons for mid game and late game? Most of our loot is gotten from the players we kill so how likely do you think it is to find devotion ammo mid or late game? What value do you think a devotion will have if you somehow take away its few strengths?

Most people complain about something they dislike while holding on to logical reasons why something might be unbalanced without considering the whole picture. I'm fine with weakening the devotion and havoc if you can give them something to keep them viable in the game. Someone suggested allowing the Havoc to use both select fire and turbo charger together. Even if you knocked back the havoc's ammo to 20 this combination seems strong. A fully kit havoc could be a high damage single shot weapon at a distance or a gun that can melt you at close range if you get select fire, turbo charger, and energy extended mags.

Gimping the ammo but increasing its attachment options seems like a fair way to balance one of the weapons at least.

Message 20 of 33 (394 Views)