Re: NERF THE R99

by JacobTucker209

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@johnmiceter Some players complain about things they think are unbalanced not just the last gun to kill them. Being able to use the same gun doesn't change the fact that it's overpowered and needs to be brought in line. Preferably a small nerf that keeps the weapon strong in its niche or buffing the other guns to be competitive but "using the same gun" doesn't solve the problem.

Message 21 of 90 (1,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

>should probably log on today

>should probably try other weapons today
>should probably get good at the game so that I don't whine about a gun that just got hit with a nerf

>Should probably throw on my big boy pants 

Message 22 of 90 (987 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Kohlxr without extended mags and good accuracy, you won’t be killing anyone with the R99. My experience is most people who hate on the R99 can’t handle it.
Message 23 of 90 (979 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@ComixStruck The only people that complain about the already needed R99 are the people that can’t aim it themselves...
Message 24 of 90 (978 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The R99 is just fine as is. It’s intended to be a short range weapon so don’t expect to wind up a LMG and beat it in a hallway. You have to have the right “tool” for the job people. It’s not nearly as effective on this new map so if anyone wants it nerfed further they just need a little practice playing apex. JS

Message 25 of 90 (975 Views)

★ Guide
@Kohlxr LOL. You are alone with your opinion. It's definitely not a noob weapon! You first have to deal with the r99. You are met skilled people. You would whine about any weapon when you hit skilled people! The problem is not the weapon, the problem is you
Message 26 of 90 (962 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Kohlxr LOL you trolling?
Message 27 of 90 (923 Views)

★ Guide
@JacobTucker209 My issue is its too forgiving all around

It bleeds into assault rifle range pretty well

For a weapon AS POWERFUL as it is in cqc, its range needs to be hurt a bit more, and I think the best bet is to increase horizontal recoil slightly

This would make it harder to BEAM players with a full mag instantly, BUT, it would still be very strong at hipfire range

And good in short bursts at greater ranges
Message 28 of 90 (911 Views)

★★ Novice

My Copy/paste from another theme

R-99 OP not because of dmg but because aim speed and reload speed which there is no room for react and counterplay, ppl with good aiming and good position can delete quick and easy from game or team while there no gun that can do it. Peacekeeper for example need few shots and godly aim for kill someone and alot more with full armor, new Charge Riffle need few shot too for kill

Message 29 of 90 (890 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@KohlxrThey just nerfed it at the start of season 3.

Message 30 of 90 (876 Views)