Re: NERF THE R99

by r00tdownX

Original Post

NERF THE R99

★ Apprentice

Literally everyone uses that gun and it's suuuuuch a noob gun. It's so OP that I literally can't even pick up a different close range weapon anymore cuz whoever I fight will kill me first with the r99. All you gotta do is get close and hipfire spray and you'll kill anyone, no matter the armor. NERF IT, it takes zero skill to use. please

Message 1 of 90 (5,446 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Its just OP when a aimbot uses it cause the DPS is so high.

Normally players can't lock on heads and insta gib you.
Message 2 of 90 (5,423 Views)

★ Apprentice

he is right its aim botting that makes it soooo powerful, its draw back is supposed to be aim so if your aim botting well there's the real problem....

Message 3 of 90 (5,393 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Just git gud
Message 4 of 90 (5,339 Views)

@Kohlxr 

You don't see this over used on console as it can be quite difficult to control the recoil. There is no need to nerf this gun as you need to put a lot of rounds on target to be effective. Like others have said, your seeing aim-botters if your on PC. On XBox I see just as many R-301s, Spitfires, and Devotions.

This is one of my go-to guns, but it is not at all an "easy mode" gun. The Spitfire and Flatline are much easier to control on XBOX.

Message 5 of 90 (5,325 Views)

★★★ Guide
I actually see it overused on console, it melts Purple+ shields like butter, it is insanely overpowered in close range and even mid range like it has zero damage drop off at range.
Message 6 of 90 (5,245 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Quit saying nerf something just because you get killed by it. The peacekeeper for example was a great choice before they started screwing with its hip fire accuracy. People like you are probably the reason the wingman got nerfed too. The devs don’t need to nerf these weapons they need to bring other weapons in to balance so that we can actually have variety. 

Message 7 of 90 (5,204 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The R99 is good because it's the highest tier of SMG's in a fast paced game. The R99 is a perfectly balanced weapon. High recoil, inaccurate but very good close range damage. The only nerf it should get is maybe reduce it's spawn rate. If you are good and have a high tier weapon like the Peacekeeper, Longbow, R301 or Spitfire you can easily beat someone with an R99 if you use the weapons correctly and don't fight medium range (AKA SMG range vs the best SMG)

Message 8 of 90 (5,178 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Everyone on the opposing position on this topic uses the R-99 as their go to noob cannon and are disagreeing only because they don't want their Broken gun to get the nerf it desperately deserves...

Message 9 of 90 (5,144 Views)

Community Manager

Posted this in another topic earlier. Pinging it here as well.

We are currently discussing the R-99 in this week's Weapon Spotlight. Please leave your thoughts about that weapon there! This really helps us understand the community's thoughts on weapon balance.

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 90 (5,101 Views)