Re: NERF THE PEACEKEEPER

by 1madrox

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I Dont think it needs nerf on damage but on bullet spread. When it fires all bullets are close and there's no much of spread and thats the reason it deals that damage. If bullets go wider it won't hit for that much, so you will not use peacekeeper as a rifle cause currently it seems you can. Tongue out The only thing needs nerf is its mod which charges and can hit 100+ dmg on a long range.

Message 11 of 26 (614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The maximum damage of peacekeeper will need to be looked at. 110 for full body and 165 for full head hit is way too much. Maximum health players have is 200, end game peacekeeper with all epic tier mods (almost impossible to not have within top 3 or even top 5 teams) will kill a player from significant ranges with just two shots. With the epic pump it fires those shots very fast.

I would suggest dropping the max damage down to 90 and/or increasing the shot spread with and without choke. Other high damage guns like slow firing sniper rifles or wingman require way more skill to output their maximum damage, going for headshots is a must to utilize these weapons properly. Headshots won't effectively matter with peacekeeper, its a two shot to body from its optimal range and too often one shot during early game.

A fully kitted R-99 is still very much contested by a peacekeeper at ranges near or over 15m and if played correctly all that accuracy or firerate wont matter since peacekeeper can charge behind cover and instadeal 110 dmg then charge again. Even in a 1v1 cqc open area the best smg (R-99) in the game will win against peacekeeper only if their user cannot land the shots (which at <10m is not that hard). During end game going for headshots with smgs is further neglected by the 50% HS damage reduction (on top of already low HS bonus of smgs) that literally everyone has with epic helmets at that point. Peacekeeper won't care, peacekeeper goes for easy two body shot kills 24/7.

Peacekeeper at the moments is too powerful for the low amount of skill it requires to output its optimal damage.

Message 12 of 26 (548 Views)

★★ Guide
Trash players use it as a crutch
Message 13 of 26 (537 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think its maybe bugged . All epic armor and head and I got killed in one shoot  again and again from this gun. It says that it should do 160 dmg when full of it lands on head .. OK thats alot but still not one shoot . 110 body .. How is it then I got only 1 shoot and dies . Its one shoot wonder now. 

Message 14 of 26 (445 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I say, remove the choke hop-up option. It does fire 11 pellets that do 10 damage per. The peacekeeper has a very centralized spread pattern, so it has good range even without the choke. I still think the choke is redonkulous. So stupid to put 100+ damage to someone across the map instantly when this game has a notoriously long TTK (which I like). The only other guns capable of doing this is the Kraber (which is legendary, so not OP). And the Longbow w/skullpiercer (but body shot only 55 and is terrible up close). 

So, to summarize, remove the choke hop-up from peacekeeper. It will still be a super strong gun to use up close and do moderate damage at range (base spread pattern), but hitting all pellets from two buildings away is stupid.

Message 15 of 26 (442 Views)

★ Apprentice

No gun should one shot fully geared players. 

Message 16 of 26 (424 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, peacekeeper is easy mode for noobs to feel good about themselves.  I specifically avoid it so that I dont need to shower after playing apex.  Found a gold PK yesterday and i opted to take an alternator over it.  Some people have standards.  Others dont I guess.

Apex, as with most shooters, revolves around cqc to mid range combat, with cqc not being difficult to initiate.  The PK, being a shotgun, excels at cqc.  Too much.  The problem with it is not fire rate or spread, it's the fact that you can deal 110 - 165 dmg in an instant with the minimum amount of exposure to incoming damage.  Where someone with a sustained fire weapon needs to maintain LOS, and thus be exposed, a PK user simply needs to peak shoot hide, dealing immense damage while taking minimal.  

I hate to break it to you, but that type if play requires very little skill.  So here we have a low skill, high damage weapon.  Such low skill should not be so highly rewarded.

Message 17 of 26 (422 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Its one top 3 weapon in the game. Maybe change the firepower a bit and make the weapon appear less than it does right now.

Reduce firespeed slightly is also one option.

Message 18 of 26 (412 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@StiiGGee wrote:

Its one top 3 weapon in the game. Maybe change the firepower a bit and make the weapon appear less than it does right now.

Reduce firespeed slightly is also one option.

ROF nerfs are negligible due to the standard usage of the weapon.  It would mean you just hump the corner a couple microseconds longer, stillunder cover with no threat to yourself.  It would need to be a massive ROF nerf to have any effect, I'm talking 1 shot/3-4seconds

Message 19 of 26 (409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Maybe each shot uses 2 rounds. Then you cant murder a whole squad with one clip. 

Message 20 of 26 (399 Views)