NERF ALTERNATOR

by Bleftop

Original Post

Re: NERF ALTERNATOR

★★ Pro
@Darker_Souls343 rarity shouldn't be considered a valid mitigator for something being OP. If it's OP - it needs to be brought back into line with the feeling of the rest of the games features otherwise everything becomes a race to get the OP thing, just so you don't run into someone else with it.

Something being OP like this is a novelty and good when used well in games which aren't ultra competitive. Think the golden gun in golden-eye on N64. In a setting where if your mates take the * and start spoiling the fun you can tell them "Knock it off with the golden gun now, lets play for a bit" - fine. If you'd been playing with 59 strangers from the internet, at best 2 or 3 would listen and the rest would be going to get the 1shot weapon because even if 58 of the other players wanted to play fair - you're giving the game away to that 1 guy who won't listen.

I run Disruptor every game I can because I don't want to meet someone else who has it. The TTK is lowest with disruptor rounds.
Message 11 of 21 (509 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@hhnbbfggty66 1 bullet equals to 24 dmg Standard smile and this is a battle Royale its surely not okay that an alternator is 3 times better than a 301
Message 12 of 21 (498 Views)

★ Guide
Alternator < r99
Alternator < r301
MUST BE!!!!!!
Message 13 of 21 (467 Views)

Nerf Desruptor Hop-up and Remove Muzzle Flash

★★★ Newbie

Instead of balancing the game in a good way , respawn keeps reducing skill gap among players . 

First the biggest sh##tiest balance approach is adding muzzle flash and promoting hip fire , why not just remove ads completely and make apex like cs go . 

And the weapon balancing is also so sh##ty if one has alternator with disruptor and one doesn't in 90% cases alternator guy will win even if he is non skilled .

So even if u r skilled and u don't have a certain weapon no matter what u'll lose the fight is this balance Respawn

Why not balance it like wingman even it is high damage weapon but it require skill to kill someone rather than holding mousebutton.

Message 14 of 21 (438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Really_YoutubeThe problem is "the Alternator requires no skill, while the r99 requires skills and lots of practice."
The r99 took me a good 2 - 3 months of practice to get good with it, and even now I have to use a lot focus and attention to set up that 30 round melting shot and if I miss half I will have to reload while doing the strafe-dance dodge to get second beam shot without getting killed. The Alternator is different, you can just aim off the hip while running and melt people.

Message 15 of 21 (432 Views)

★★★★ Pro

New hardpoints should have never been added to the game. Apex is taking a loss of players becuase of it. 

Message 16 of 21 (409 Views)

about alternator

★★★ Newbie

about alternator

I'm a Chinese player, and I usually play on a Hong Kong server.

But my recent gaming experience has been very unpleasant, because alternator,His accessories  like cheating.

Purple armor breaks in five shots.

I like this game very much.I started playing APEX on the first day.Playing every day

But I don't want to play this game at all now.

alternator and Gun accessories,It hurts too much.,This makes the game unbalanced.。I hope to change it as soon as possible.

Please  Give the player a reply

Message 17 of 21 (408 Views)

★★ Pro

Feels slightly better after the adjustment.  I don't feel like I HAVE TO have disruptor rounds now. 

It still feels like they're slightly more powerful than makes sense.  A possible solution would be to have them do as much LESS damage to health as they do INCREASED damage to armor - making the hopup a situational buff option, rather than an obligatory flat boost to dmg.

Message 18 of 21 (404 Views)

Make alternator with Disruptor do less dmg to health

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

It's not exactly meta now but still feels the tiniest bit on the strong side.  Given that Hammerpoint rounds didn't get nerfed at all (Not sure about this but it might turn out to be good) - it might be good if the Disruptor rounds were made to do less dmg to health but keep their current armor dmg.  The initial adjustment was good and it's great that Respawn jumped on it so quickly.

The base weapon itself is viable and has a place in the game even without the hopup thanks to its buff.  P2020 and mozambique are still not worth carrying without their hopup.  It would be good if using the hopup on the RE/Alt was a tactical choice that teams decided to add into their composition or not.

Message 19 of 21 (407 Views)

Re: Make alternator with Disruptor do less dmg to health

★★★★★ Apprentice

The Alternator and p2020 with their respective hopups would be better if they had a drawback. Higher recoil, a cool down period for the alternator, greater bullet drop.

Right now they are the same guns with almost no drawbacks. 

Message 20 of 21 (348 Views)