Method of nerfing the charge rifle?

by KrakaDrak

Original Post

Method of nerfing the charge rifle?

★ Guide

To me it looks relatively simple:

the charge rifle hits for instances of 3 damage, ending in a hit of 45 resulting in 90 damage total

reducing the first damage instances to 1 damage, and keeping the final hit of 45 damage would reduce the total damage to 60 seems fair?

adding on top of that the removal of the 2 ammo per shot mechanic and enable it to take sniper magazines?

Though personally I think that sniper are in a very weak spot, due to the ease of evading shots by running around. So maybe the problem isn’t the charge rifle, its that all the other snipers are simply too bad to seriously compete in the apex weapon meta.

Perhaps the solution isn’t nerfing the charge rifle, but instead buffing the other snipers to the level of the charge rifle. Especially now with vantage being released, and with how bad her ultimate sniper weapon is, I am extremely worried that we might never see snipers become as viable as AR’s and SMG’s.

But enabling the charge rifle to take sniper magazines might be an efficient and effective way of improving game consistency while also enabling the charge rifle to be nerfed at lower levels.

Say level 3 sniper mags enable it to have 4 shots, effectively making the current state of the charge rifle the final stage of the charge rifle.

Message 1 of 9 (1,909 Views)

Re: Method of nerfing the charge rifle?

★★★ Expert
@KrakaDrak

Not sure I would agree that a weapon that takes three hours to reload is in need of a nerf. Yes, it's powerful. Yes, it's easy to use. But also, yes, it's slow as f***.

That said, you're right that sniping in general is in a weak spot, but I'd say that's by design. Respawn doesn't want this game dominated by a sniping meta. I'm actually surprised they came up with a sniping legend in the first place, although I don't think she's much to write home about from a gameplay standpoint.

At any rate, the charge rifle may be frustrating to die to, but honestly what weapon in this game isn't frustrating to die to? I'm sure that Respawn, being very data-driven, has all the important stats about how often the weapon gets picked up, how often it downs, and how often it kills, and if any of those numbers were too high then something would be done. Oh wait, it has been. There are fewer of them on the ground vs. past seasons, and scopes are thinner as well.
Message 2 of 9 (1,404 Views)

★ Guide
@KrakaDrak I agree, that gun is so broken and so incredibly annoying. I don't like the snipers at all, it makes people worse players and discourages actually getting in there and fighting. Especially the charger rifle atleast the others have a lot of bullet drop or some down side or take a little bit of skill but not the charge rifle. Just point and shoot. The reload is long but that doesn't matter one bit when your across the map from your target
Message 3 of 9 (913 Views)

★ Guide
@reconzero The gun takes literally no skill to use that's probably the actual reason respawn doesn't nerf it. Fps love guns that help bots not have to improve to feel like they're doing well. The gun is broken and your the only person I've seen disagree
Message 4 of 9 (912 Views)

★★★ Expert
@1unown1

"Fps love guns that help bots not have to improve to feel like they're doing well."

There are far too many people in this game resorting to modded controlers and aimbots for me to believe that there is a reasonable route to improvement through practice. Oh, that and the fact that I've personally put in 20k matches and to this day find 95% of the weapons in the game to be WORTHLESS. I'm not saying that every other player's experience is a mirror of my own, but the weapons in this game are "designed to fail" so that "good" players who find a way to overcome those failures will rise to the top while the rest of us flail and fail and get lectured to about how we're just too lazy to put in the work.

And I'm also not sure that my disagreement counts as statistical significance when there is only me, you, and the original poster. You're gonna have to show me a better response than that before you give me "you're the only person I've seen."
Message 5 of 9 (892 Views)

★★ Pro
@KrakaDrak Snipers are bad enough, why touch any of them ? If anything they need serious buffs lol
Message 6 of 9 (782 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@matzesingt OMG WE AGREE ON SOMETHING Standard smile lol

Yes snipers are only good for evolving evos, not getting kills/knocks unless you 3rd party from a distance. But 3rd partying is already stupid and annoying. Anyway, charge rifle is perfect where it is.
Message 7 of 9 (670 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@KrakaDrak

Tbh, if you're getting killed by the charge rifle, you're either standing still, or standing still. You need to move, and most times you won't die. The other way you get squashed is if you're just out in the open, then any sniper will squash you. Heck even a marksman
Message 8 of 9 (668 Views)

Champion
@KrakaDrak I personally believe the beam should be reduced in size. Because it's pretty thick it hits too easily.
Message 9 of 9 (599 Views)