Melee system needs fixed

by Tperodactyl

Original Post

Melee system needs fixed

★★ Guide

Punch, my fist hits dead on. 0 damage. GG. Even the most basic things you guys cant get right. Were ANY of the things we had issues from last season even fixed?

Message 2 of 4 (526 Views)

Melee is garbage and there is no excuse

★★ Guide

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1060 3GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? TheSwarmLord
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder/Wattson
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All of it
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Punching
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) really?
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When throwing a punch, the camera is locked and my character lunges at the enemy. My punch often lands and knocks them backward, but does no damage. For literally no reason too. I've been on the receiving end too, where an enemy DID hit me but it did no damage.
What should be happening instead? IF I MELEE THEN DO THE MELEE
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play on PC and drop in the tunnel.

https://youtu.be/WQJtfYCqkK8

Message 1 of 4 (526 Views)

Re: Melee system needs fixed

★ Guide

Melee has always been a problem, between other peoples latency and the janky * lunge. I lost a duel to a bangalore the other day where I kept getting hit when he was facing the complete opposite direction and none of my kicks landed when I'm right on top of him. So that's cool. Why not reward people with worse connections? I've lost count of the times I've had to punch someone who was downed more than 4 times because for whatever reason the hit registered but no damage was dealt to them. 

Message 3 of 4 (519 Views)

Re: Melee system needs fixed

★★ Pro
@MossyShambler They've changed something where hitting downed enemies can now hit a knockdown shield - it didn't use to matter where you aimed, you only hit the player.

I'm pretty sure as well that you used to hit through peoples' armor, whereas now you have to punch their armor off before being able to 4shot their health.
Message 4 of 4 (502 Views)