Mastiff

by E9ine_AC

Original Post

Mastiff once again

Hero

18 matches today..... Not one single person ive come across is not using the effin mastiff. When will you get this garbage off the ground and back into a crate? EVERY TEAM. The game is losing its skill when you give it a point and shoot 1 shot wonder off the rip of a drop. The balancing skills at hand are just horrible tell the devs load into the game lets see how they love their own content. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 39 (560 Views)

Re: Mastiff once again

★★★★ Novice
@E9ine_AC So are you unable to find a mastiff? Or is the mastiff too op?
Message 12 of 39 (555 Views)

Hero
@FaceMcShooty2 The mastiff is way to powerful as a ground gun. It needs to go back to the crate where it belongs. Im sick of hearing mastiffs every single fight. The meta is trash and toxic.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 13 of 39 (551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@E9ine_ACFor me, I have always had a hard time shooting shotguns unless they are literally in front of me. It seems pretty balanced to me. High-risk high reward, and that's if you're close to the opponent

Message 14 of 39 (546 Views)

★★★ Pro
@FaceMcShooty2 if it was high risk, not everyone was picking Mastiff lol
Message 15 of 39 (489 Views)

Re: Mastiff

★★★★★ Expert

Mastiff still needs to be nerfed. I silenced this Wraith before she got on a building's zipline, and somehow she glitched past me and didn't exist at the same time. I'm guessing lag, but that's not really the problem, the problem is she shot me 3 times, and like none of these are headshots... but 106 to the body??? Uh... what?

2021-01-25 (3).png

Tested damage in the firing range and only got this result:

hmm.png

While the Peacekeeper does 6 more damage to the target when all bullets land, is that really the difference between standard and heirloom tier weapons? Also, why am I unable to get 106 damage done to the body, like in the death cap picture? Before anyone goes "you had low profile", I was playing as Revenant at the time, and Revenant doesn't have a low profile problem.

hmm1.png

I decided not to stop there, what does the max headshot damage do?

hmm2.png

Hmm... 143 Peacekeeper - 128 Mastiff = 15 damage difference. Be a little annoying to kill Caustics and Gibraltars, somewhat fine for normal legends, while low profile legends such as Wraith, would be taking about 145 // 130 damage respectfully. This renders the Peacekeeper practically useless. How so? Well, if you do 6-15 less damage per shot (assuming all bullets land and hits the target), why would you ever want to pick up a limited ammo gun?

110-143 Peacekeeper: Can two shot purple and below players. If a player gets two headshots in a row, they do 286, which will knock red evo players, this should also knock fortified characters in two shots as well.

106-128 Mastiff: Can two shot purple and below players. If a player gets two headshots in a row, they do 256, which will also knock red evo players, and most likely will knock fortified players. (I would have to test it on fortified players, but don't think I need to)

Results: Both guns, while different in damage, can easily two shot pretty much anyone, (one shot no armor players), the only difference is one can choke the spread, but also have limited ammo. So why limit yourself, when the Mastiff is basically a ground care package weapon? Not to mention that these damages are AFTER the Peacekeeper got buffed a few seasons back, when it was care packaged. So, in reality, they would do virtually the same amount of damage.

Message 16 of 39 (442 Views)

Re: Mastiff

★★★ Novice

Mastiff requires no player skill every player has it for secondary weapon. If you are in 20 meters from an enemy who has a mastiff you have no chance. Needs to be nerfed . Otherwise why there are lots of weapons in this game if nobody uses them ? The most beautiful game i've ever played but this meta and SBMM is killing the game. Shame...

Message 17 of 39 (430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@E9ine_ACI've literally replied to your last post about the Mastiff, and I still agree it needs to be care packaged or nerfed. The mastiff is like the EVA, and the Peacekeeper is like the EVA double tap. Not everyone uses double tap, and some can murder you rather quickly without the double tap.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Feedback/Mastiff/m-p/9997107/highlight/true#M71049

Message 18 of 39 (442 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@E9ine_AC All I hear and see in death feeds is the R99. I'm not saying the Mastiff is fine but I'm sick to death of the sound and spray fest of the 99 meta. Gave up on the game because of that gun and the lifeline res rubbish.
Message 19 of 39 (394 Views)

★★ Expert
@FaceMcShooty2 Mastiff is not high risk, its spread is basically a triple take... mastiff requires 0 skill just spam spam spam
Message 20 of 39 (383 Views)