Mastiff too powerful at close range

by Hilshire12

Original Post

Re: Mastiff too powerful at close range

★★ Expert
@LordloshBang If people can’t hit you with their main weapon, and swap to the Mastiff, that’s a lot of time for you to laser them.

Similar thing with the Wingman. If they can’t hit you often, then take the opportunity to shoot them or reposition.
Message 41 of 50 (586 Views)

★★ Pro

Yeah but this is not a 1vs1 game, you know ?

And unless your pro(and even they didn`t do it that often), its not that easy to down someone with 1 mag, unless it has full purple attachments, and still.

Mastiff atm is a must, and no weapon should be a must. Its way too OP for me.

You may disagree, but you won`t change my opinion. A lot of pro players admit it.

Both PK before and the Mastiff are way too strong, compare to the rest and when we take TTK of the game.

Message 42 of 50 (556 Views)

★★ Expert
@LordloshBang There’s quite a few guns that have enough in the mag to down an enemy in close range.
Especially with purple mags, it’d be a little odd if you didn’t down an enemy in close range. (Or get downed yourself)
Message 43 of 50 (552 Views)

@Sir_Named Totally agree. Also at a range where the mastiff drops off to say 50 damage by the time you get a second shot off you would have already done over 100 damage with the R99 for example. Plus with the Mastiff you have to ads where as the R99 you can hip fire and spray like a sweat.

Just supply drop them both, add a new smg and the game will be way more fun than this repetitive meta.
Message 44 of 50 (531 Views)

★★ Pro

I guess this is the reason every pro players are must using Mastiff as a second weapon, instead of a second SMG or AR, right ? :D

Nice joke tho ...

No one even come close to the power of the mastiff in close, and even not so close, which is quite a problem.

Also with that stupidly OP weapon, you 1 shot a downed player, no other weapon have that power, which is ridiculous.

Message 45 of 50 (499 Views)

★★ Expert
@LordloshBang That’s a pretty wild exaggeration.
I watched a good chunk of a tournament game, there weren’t that many Mastiffs. There were a few, but they weren’t as picked as the R-99 or Wingman. Heck, there were even some people carrying EVA-8s, (COL, whoever they are), and one or two carrying alternators.

In really close range, it’s good, but again, it’s a shotgun. When you go a little further out, it’s still kind of useful, but other weapons are just far more versatile.

A downed player is basically just a stationary dummy at that point. It’s really easy to get close and use the Mastiff at it’s full potential. Not much you can do anyway, the EVA-8 would probably take only three shots, or two/four if you use doubletap.
Message 46 of 50 (488 Views)

★★ Pro

Maybe because at tournament, you can`t get all the loot you want, because its distributed between the players. But the moment they see a Mastiff they pick it. Don`t know what tournament you were watching. But 99,99% of the time, they are either r99 or wingman with a mastiff.

If they get a Eva8 its because they did not found Mastiff yet. Everyone drop Eva8 for Mastiff, everyone.

Saying otherwise just show how little Pro players you have been watching.

Even the best Eva8 player is dropping her for a mastiff - Rogue.

And he is usually use the weapon he like, aka R301, instead of R99 for example. He love Eva8, but even he admit that she is way worst compare to mastiff.

Same with alternator, they wear it, because they didn`t get a better version, aka R99 and R301. 99,99% of the pros are dropping alternator for R301, and R301 for R99. Its like a tier guns.

I got no problem with tier guns, but not with OP/Broken ones, like the stupidly easy to use and incredible powerful mastiff.

And its not good in close range, its a must. Its make you wear it, otherwise you are in a huge disadvantage, even if you are the better player.

No weapon beat Mastiff close range. Most pro are empty the mag with R99 or Wingman and just switch and eliminate whole teams with it, which speaks for itself.

Most streamers/pros are saying the same, that is OP. Don`t know why we even stretch the discussion that far. You may disagree, but thats your opinion, i don`t want to change it, just like you won`t change my opinion, that is completely easy to use and completely broken.

And you are obviously not objective. If you down a player and want to kill him fast(either Lifeline in his team, or wanna get ammo or armor swap ot etc), your best bet is the mastiff, its one shot. Otherwise you are in a bad situation, because you won`t be able to kill him with 1 mag, if he got a shield and rotate.

Again my points are no shootgun should be able to do more than 70 damage per whole shot, and no shootgun should have that kind of the mastiff range on such a big distance and able to do such high damage. 

I got no problem with your opinion, but you can`t change my mind. Mastiff is too powerful for the current TTK of the game.

Message 47 of 50 (469 Views)

★★ Expert
@LordloshBang
Tournament loot distribution isn’t really the problem here. You can see many, many R-99s and Wingmans, so that’s probably not it.
https://youtu.be/Wn1TZcX-eGA
Here. I watched the first game, (not all since I find it boring), and there were definitely some Mastiffs, just not 99.99% of all people used them. More like 10-20%. Even in the final ring, there were probably about equal EVA-8s and Mastiffs. (And it’s definitely not loot distribution.)

No more than 70 damage per shot from a shotgun would destroy the Mastiff. It wouldn’t be viable at that point.

You are kind of overrating the Mastiff’s range, as well. It really doesn’t have that much range.

What are “most pros”? And why did they say it?

Sure, to shave some half seconds off finishing someone, you can use the Mastiff, but that’s not really a major advantage.
Message 48 of 50 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Yes its exactly that. I don`t know how much pros you are watching, but i watch them a lot, and i`m not talking about tournaments only, because there as i said a lot of things are different, like what i said, aka loot distribution and you can`t loot freely as in ranked or normal lobby.

And saying Pro are using Eva8 at the same rate as Mastiff may not only show how little you watch pro players.

Every top players is dropping Eva8 for a Mastiff. Not for once i see someone doing the opposite, which speaks for itself.

Yeah there is probably people that are playing Eva8, because they like it or are very use to it, like Rogue(but even he lately its dropping it for Mastiff, and he is world best Eva8 player which speaks for itself), but the % its too low.

In most tournament, and ranked(unless we are talking about ShivFPS, he plays almost anything and Rogue, who plays R301), the number 1 weapons are Wingman/R99 and Mastiff.

Some of the teammates may use G7 Scout or similar weapon, if he wear Evo in order to level it up without being in danger. Every pro doing this actually.

But again looting in tournament is different compare to ranked/normal games.

And yeah Mastiff spread is wide ... This is the main problem with it, even with good movement, and against bad aimer he will still do damage to you, which shouldn`t be the case.

And yeah a lot of pro said it Mastiff is a must and OP, like Hal, Albralelie and so on.

Also almost every tier list have Mastiff as the best weapon, some even rate it higher than some of the CP weapons, which speaks for itself ....

70 damage for a shotgun should be the optimal damage and its balanced towards the TTK and other weapon damage. With the shotgun you got a lot easier time to aim, because your crosshair is like 10x time bigger and the range of the shot is quite big.

Also 70 damage means you can 2 shot a enemy with EVO shield, and 3 shot an enemy with Purple armor, if all the shots are right on the target.

Its more than enough damage for a shotgun.

70 damage is like 65% of your total hp if you have purple armor(even more on LP), saying this isn`t enough is complete joke in my eyes.

This is it from me for that discussion, lost enough of my game time in here.

I said what i think about the mastiff and for me its completely broken and OP, no CP weapon should do 120+ none headshot damage in a close range, should have that wide range of its spread, be that noob frendly and have that range to shoot from distance, yet being a ***** shotgun.

Completely noob friendly and unbalanced.

Continue like that Respawn and soon you will lose a lot of your playerbase, and the game will be filled with even more cheaters.

Message 49 of 50 (423 Views)

★★ Expert
@LordloshBang But if it has a lot of spread, then you’re not going to be doing high amounts of damage all the time, just consistent low damage.

Yeah, we probably should just end this.
Message 50 of 50 (397 Views)