Re: Looting system Is Unfair especially in Ranked.

by Leo_the_Lion25

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@JayxbroxlolI dont want play f$$$ing slots!

I want to play a skilled based shooter.

Skills over Luck!
Wakeup Respawn fix your game!

Message 11 of 21 (897 Views)

★★ Pro
@hhnbbfggty66 There is always luck involved in BR.

Unless you play a game where the spawnpoints for players are pre-determined : you're never going to get what you ask for.

These complaints always follow the same basic formula.

"I dropped somewhere and didn't find enough, then I met a guy while I was unprepared and he had everything he needed to kill me."

Welcome to BR? Your options are to drop somewhere quieter or accept the risk that the other guy will get the loot over you.

This would be true even if there was NO RNG at all. You drop somewhere and two of you go for the purple armor and weapons that you already know the location of. Only 1 of you can get them...

BR isn't just a skill based game, there is an element of luck. After that - there are different kinds of skill involved : one of which is knowing where and how to land somewhere. Knowing when to run and when to fight.

All this whining about RNG is nonsense unless your argument is that RNG shouldn't be involved.

If so - then make that case and explain how you would balance the map if we all knew the location of all the purple armor and weapons every game.
Message 12 of 21 (885 Views)

★★ Guide

Great loot system again. Bravo. 3 Eva-8s within 15 feet of each other. Finally found a havoc and ended up finding 6 Eva's in multiple locations. No other guns except for maybe an RE45. Literally nothing else to pick up. Can you now admit how trash your loot system is in this game? The same guns are in the same spots game after game. Those small little shacks in the named locations, it's either an eva 8, ultimate accelarent, pistol. 95% of the time that's what you'll find. It's a joke

Message 13 of 21 (881 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@TperodactylIf the game ran with every single spot of loot drawing randomly from the entire loot table : THEN the RNG would be potentially horrendous. It would be possible to spawn into a game where literally every item was a 1x red dot scope.

There are multiple loot tables and areas are assigned zones, with locations within them drawing on individual loot tables randomly.

[edit] Incidentally - 1) Grab Eva 2) Kill enemy who has a different gun 3) Profit.

Message 14 of 21 (880 Views)

★★★ Novice

Funny that I had this similar issue last time I played. It really is just locked based at this point🤷‍♂️

Message 15 of 21 (873 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Anlbrd 

I am not whining about rng!

The loot table is broken.

I hate luck games.

This might as well be a single button rng game. 

"Apex Legends the virtual coin toss machine!"

"Press the button if the coin land on head you wipe the squad!"

"If it land tails begone, back to the lobby for you!"

Why are you being contrite with your long winded essay replies.

Until this is fixed I shall spend my time listening to lovecraftian novels.

Message 16 of 21 (854 Views)

★★ Pro
@hhnbbfggty66 I'm disagreeing with you and affording you the respect of providing a proper reply, mate. The whole adult thing going on. If you can't handle paragraphs it's not really a problem on my end :S

You are categorically whining about RNG all over the forums. If not - explain as clearly as you can.
Message 17 of 21 (843 Views)

You have to fix this loot

★★ Guide

We landed in that area between Bunker and Airbase. I search the whole top area to myself and found 0 guns and 0 shield. Some rooms I walked in literally had 0 items, another room had a hop up and an ult accelerant. I get this is a BR but god damn the loot in this game is atrocious 

Message 18 of 21 (814 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Jayxbroxlol Shoot, I ran into rooms with noting but ammo when I need a weapon. I also ran in rooms with zero white armor.
Message 19 of 21 (782 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There's plenty of proof the loot systems suck whichever logic you choose.

At least the Evo shield is a step in the right direction, make everyone drop with the evo shield and 2 weapons freely choosen before the game starts, a stack of light ammo but no ammo for the other weapons types, and make looting focus on ammo, healing and attachments

It will reward early fights and late game fights alike, but make mid-game a little more focused on replenishing ammo and health. 

Also remove the blue and purple shield and keep the legendary one at vaults and a few randomly in the world, and keep the 2bar white shield.

There's some fun in RNG-lootbased systems, but not when it works like it does in Apex. But the movement combined with the hectic battles are fun as hell and require both skill and fast reflexes. But the loot system isn't fun, and that's what needs improvement(+ the servers may need a buff xD).

I dont even think it's fun the times I drop in to an early fight and find purple and high-tier weapons and "own" 2 squads equipped with low-tier loot which either try to fight or run away for better loot, 

And someone like Shroud voices his opinion after he knows every in and outs of the game. I'm sure he has complained in rage when he dies, but he's had serious discussions about all the games he have played and shouldn't just be dismissed as nonsense.

At least that's my opinion!

Message 20 of 21 (621 Views)