Re: Loot system is a joke

by TheGreenFellow

Original Post

Community Manager

@OGDoiinkz wrote:

drop wetlands to run around finding guns for 8 minutes than having to run across map to zone? wheres the fun in that?

Fun is subjective. If you're playing to win you'll absolutely increase your chances of surviving longer if you drop in places where you'll meet little resistance and gear up while other squads get picked off dropping into the hot zones. It sounds like you enjoy dropping in hot which is completely fine.....

@OGDoiinkz wrote:

Why do I always manage to find a mozambique and no shields when i drop "Hot Zone". Friends and I have started joking that its more "Hot Trash". The hot zone im sure was created for people who want to drop in the action and get to killing instantly, but most of the killing ends up happening with your fists after youve ran through an entire building and come out with a mozamqiue at best. More often than not im wishing i could throw my ammo packets at people instead... "AWESOME! I found heavy ammo but no heavy gun!". If you even make it out of that area alive im sure you have a full team running at you with guns thirsty to kill someone without a gun and even in the next 3 buildings..... STILL.... NO..... GUN..... dont worry i got more ammo packets for the thirsty baboons behind me. Glad I did the looting for the other team. What about my team you ask? they landed no where close to me beacuse they felt like the "jumpmaster" title would fit them better and they also know the zone is "hot trash" and decided they would rather play without their 3rd... So many frustrations with this game

Except you don't like the outcome when you drop into the hot zone with other squads and find yourself stranded with a Mozambique. The hot zone will increase the chances of better loot, but it doesn't mean everyone is going to find themselves fully geared up for battle. There is a RISK/REWARD aspect to it. It's hectic, intense, and fast-paced. 

Hypothetically, let's say these zones all had great weapons and armor. That doesn't change the outcome of only one squad leaving that area when it's all said and done, right? 

This is a great discussion though. Do you think if loot was improved in the hot zone, that would encourage even more players to drop there? Personally, I would like to see more hot zones scattered around the map which might lead to more squads surviving the initial drop since they're more spread out.

Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 21 (823 Views)

★★★ Expert

Hmm, if you have more hot zones, teams dropping and surviving them will often be fully geared when they get out, then the game would become a walking simulator, as there would be less need to loot, until the next encounter with the enemy. Kill counts would probably be lower, while chances of respawning teammates would probably be a bit higher, probably increasing the average duration of matches, but potentially lowering the fun factor.

Anyway, my teams rarely dropped in the hotzone. That may be because players aim more for easy kills and high killcount, than for strategy and winning the match. For that, it is ideal to have less weapons in the drop area, but be the first to grab (a decent) one.

Message 12 of 21 (803 Views)

Community Manager

@DoYaSeeMe wrote:

Hmm, if you have more hot zones, teams dropping and surviving them will often be fully geared when they get out, then the game would become a walking simulator, as there would be less need to loot, until the next encounter with the enemy.

Great point. I suppose if you added more there wouldn't be any need to drop elsewhere other than those hot zones.

Blueberry.png
Message 13 of 21 (789 Views)

Weapon distribution needs changes

★★★ Pro

There's nothing more depressing than running around at the start of a game finding nothing but ammo and attachments but no weapons and dying to whoever was lucky enough to find one first. Everyone deserves a chance to fight back but in this game half the lobby dies early game before ever getting a single weapon.

The weapon distribution system needs to be reworked so every loot bin and every room has atleast one weapon in it, doesn't have to be OP ones just anything a player can use to defend themselves with because even though melee exists you could punch a stationary enemy and still miss that's how inconsistent it is.

Message 14 of 21 (794 Views)

Re: Weapon distribution needs changes

★★★ Expert

Why fight back and not run away or hide? It's survival mode, no shame in that. I did it many times and managed not just to survive, but also lure the chasers into other enemies that thought we were all in the same team.

If everyone gets weapons as soon as they drop, don't you think that half the lobby would die even faster? 1-3 shots or bursts Instead of 4-5 punches can guarantee this, then some players will  start complaining that they get mozambiques instead of peacemakers or r-99s, or request to drop already weaponized and loot only for upgrades Standard smile.

Message 15 of 21 (725 Views)

Re: Weapon distribution needs changes

Im not talking about landing and picking up a great gun off the bat, I'm specifically talking about looting an entire side or 2 to myself and getting nothing but a few throwables and attachments. Running isn't always an option especially when you are being hard pushed by a squad.
Message 16 of 21 (686 Views)

★ Guide
I reckon the situation is fine. Players need to quit dropping to the same crowded locations all the time, it's just a bad strategy in a battle royale scenario.

Remember Hunger games and how many participants died off the bat next to the cornucopia thing?

Perhaps some creative thinking is needed in tailoring rewards to the survival aspect of Apex and less towards fighting.
Message 17 of 21 (670 Views)

This doesn't just happen in the popular locations it happens everywhere. 

Message 18 of 21 (648 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

this happens very often /blueberry,
i would say it happens every 1/3 games or sometimes more.
you would land with no one else,
loot a full village side of your choice of the 1/4 villages until you get back to the middle.
find mostly helmets or a shield,
ammo with no gun and some gun attachments.
this becomes even more frustrating experience if that place was a hot drop because if many people land there you might make it through, all the rooms on 1 village side with no gun. but this occurrence is not just limited to skull town.
it happens in many places across the map.

Message 19 of 21 (596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This is again about deathmatch.They love to killing each other so much that they don't want to do anything else.

Gun in every room and in every leads only to one thing... because why jump somewhere else? Weapons are everywhere and there are many. So let's make the map smaller, now is to big - we all jump around Skull City anyway, with little map we don't need some shrinking Deadzone. When there is enough weapons everywhere, is it still BR? Do I still have to survive, or do I really just have to kill everyone = King of the hill?

Message 20 of 21 (565 Views)