Re: Loot system is a joke

by chiefthunderball

Original Post

Loot system is a joke

[ Edited ]

I've landed at Skull Town and looted an entire side to myself only to get ammo and addons MULTIPLE times. Fix this pleass

*EDIT* this doesn't just apply to Skull Town, this applys to every location on the map. I just happened to drop Skull Town the most that day so it was my example. 

Message 1 of 21 (1,173 Views)

Community Manager

How often would you say this happens to you, @chiefthunderball?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 21 (1,150 Views)

★★★ Guide

Has happened to me way too many times. Every room should be guaranteed at least one weapon.

Message 3 of 21 (1,147 Views)

This happens to me 1 out of every 3 games on average it seems. Sometimes it's back to back some times it doesn't happen for a few games
Message 4 of 21 (1,110 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I can certainly empathise.

On multiple occasions I've landed in fairly large bootable zone without other squads around only to run through half a dozen buildings to find nothing more than a handful of ammo packs and level 1 attachments for guns that can't be found anywhere.

About an hour before posting this in fact, I was in a game where I landed next to a spawn beacon with three supply crates surrounding it. Opened them all to find only 1x Frag Grenade, 1x Shield Cell, 1x Energy and Heavy ammo and 5 x level one body armours. Then when I got to the nearest buildings(2 of them) all I could find were shotgun bolts, sniper stocks, back packs and knock down shields. And then, when I finally did come across weapons it was a Mozambique followed by a P2020.

Message 5 of 21 (1,070 Views)

Community Manager

Do you ever drop South of Wetlands and loot there? There's a good amount of capsules and from personal experience it's not a preferred area for a lot of players to drop down to.

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 21 (1,063 Views)
Highlighted

I've dropped at each location enough times to know where good loot is. But regardless I shouldn't be forced to jump somewhere just because the loot system is buggy
Message 7 of 21 (1,027 Views)

★ Apprentice

drop wetlands to run around finding guns for 8 minutes than having to run across map to zone? wheres the fun in that?

Message 8 of 21 (991 Views)

★ Apprentice

Why do I always manage to find a mozambique and no shields when i drop "Hot Zone". Friends and I have started joking that its more "Hot Trash". The hot zone im sure was created for people who want to drop in the action and get to killing instantly, but most of the killing ends up happening with your fists after youve ran through an entire building and come out with a mozamqiue at best. More often than not im wishing i could throw my ammo packets at people instead... "AWESOME! I found heavy ammo but no heavy gun!". If you even make it out of that area alive im sure you have a full team running at you with guns thirsty to kill someone without a gun and even in the next 3 buildings..... STILL.... NO..... GUN..... dont worry i got more ammo packets for the thirsty baboons behind me. Glad I did the looting for the other team. What about my team you ask? they landed no where close to me beacuse they felt like the "jumpmaster" title would fit them better and they also know the zone is "hot trash" and decided they would rather play without their 3rd... So many frustrations with this game

Message 9 of 21 (988 Views)

★★★ Expert

I actually prefer this pure randomness, would not change a thing about it. Fist fights are really funny, those are the moments where legends' abilities really shine Standard smile. Slow'em down and gas'em with Caustic, hit and confuse them with Bangalore's smoke grenade, grab them with Pathfinder's grappling hook, deploy Lifeline's health drone to gain an upper edge, catch them with Octane, etc.. Many strategies can be applied, sometimes it's smart to run away and let them roast each other just to come back fully loaded and finish the survivors or to lure chasers into an ambush.

On the other hand, making the melee more elaborate could make the game even more fun and dynamic. Some combos come to mind, for example running, then jumping and then hitting the enemy with the foot could do more damage, while simple fist blows could do less, but be more instant, with a higher rate. crouching then jumping and hitting could be a strong uppercut that could throw the enemy in the air a little. Those shields could be used for blocking punches, but crack after 2-3 hits. Knives (throwable) and knuckle dusters could also be interesting additions to the loot.

Message 10 of 21 (974 Views)