Re: Longbow NEEDS a change

by AhoyDrogon

Original Post

Longbow NEEDS a change

It stops you in place, cutting all your momentum when you get shot and the fire rate is way too fast for how much damage it does especially on a headshot. Almost every game is a sniping match now. 

Message 1 of 8 (710 Views)

I agree that the Longbow is a good spot atm and maybe needs a nerf.
2 Shots is enough to take one player out the game and with that fire rate it's incredible strong in the right hand.

A lower fire rate to make it less forgiving could be a nice fix.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 8 (674 Views)

@Zeelmaekers lower fire rate and more recoil for sure.
Message 3 of 8 (641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

There should be a mobility penalty when you shoot with the Longbow. The spread needs to be massive when firing in succession. There also needs to be faster bullet speed and more damage to the body and head to offset the huge recoil and movement change. The magazine size should be drastically reduced (more to the kraber size to start with and ending at 7 rounds).

Message 4 of 8 (607 Views)

Yea I agree it could use some slight adjustments, I always find myself replacing one of my guns when I find the over powered longbow. :]

Message 5 of 8 (593 Views)

★ Guide
The fire rate buff needs to be reverted. Other than that I'd leave it alone, though I might examine the Skullpiercer buff and tone that down.
Message 6 of 8 (520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The gun is fine. You died, get over it. Sniping SHOULD be a thing.

Message 7 of 8 (505 Views)

You're an ignorant troll if you think I said sniping shouldn't be a thing. Try reading.

Message 8 of 8 (439 Views)