Lack of Gun Spawns

by optimusdimer

Original Post

Lack of Gun Spawns

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Reduce the average time it takes for a player to find a gun by 50%!!!

Hitting 10 potential loot spawns and getting nothing happens too often. What is the fun in dying with no gun even on a hot drop. 

Whether this is accomplished by adding more loot spawns, higher gun freq. Or something else it is not optimal at this current time.

That said this game is super fun and all criticism should be taken with a big  ol grain of salt

Message 1 of 8 (4,234 Views)

Re: Lack of Gun Spawns

★ Guide

Yeah this is a real problem. I like that ammo is scarce but without gun spawns, this game is just a fist fight. Maybe if the melee combat had more depth, this wouldn't be that much of an issue, but unfortunately that isn't the case. Way too many times have I dropped, ran through buildings and opened multiple chests, and ended up not even getting a single gun. It's not fun dying to someone who has a gun or being unable to assist your team from the lack of a gun.

Message 2 of 8 (4,219 Views)

★ Guide

Honestly, i dont really have an issue with this.

I find guns to be common, but ammo is somewhat of an issue. 

Message 3 of 8 (4,213 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I've opened up 6 supply bins in a row and didn't get a gun in any of them. It just feels like each one is completely random
Message 4 of 8 (4,178 Views)

★ Apprentice

New passive idea for a character: always find a gun in the first supply bin it opens!

Message 5 of 8 (4,173 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I thought so, too. I think in general, this game has a very, very good system when it comes to distance between item piles, types of items found etc. It's a BR game with one of the most "feels right" designs when it comes to gearing, especially in the beginning.

But, then I had two games in a row where I landed exactly where I wanted, went into like five houses and several containers and found piles of purple and gold loot - out of which nothing was a weapon. I think the loot generator messed something up.

For me, it doesn't happen that often, but when it does, it clearly feels as if it's not intended.

Message 6 of 8 (4,146 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It would help a lot to restrict multiple items of the same type being in short distance to each other.
There is no use of finding like 4 lvl 1Backpacks in a House and no Weapons or finding like 3 p2020 right next to eachother

Message 7 of 8 (4,107 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I am second to this.
Message 8 of 8 (4,037 Views)