L-STAR needs a slight nerf

by Leo_the_Lion25

Original Post

L-STAR needs a slight nerf

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

L-STAR as a normal loot pool weapon is perfect but it a little overpowered. Maybe the best close ranged weapon in the game ignoring the broken Peacekeeper.

The L-STAR can shoot 25 bullets before overheating or you can tap it to keep shooting it without overheating or reloading.

The problem is people be spraying it and I cannot see with the BIG RED ORBS flying in my direction. The muzzle flash gets me killed or the person using it killed. Not only that but 18 damage for a spray hipfire blinding weapon is broken. The Sprifire and Devotion hipfire doesn't blind players as you can still see and shoot them back.

L-STAR could use changes like:

Lowering the damage down to 16 might be helpful as well. 

Message 1 of 11 (1,513 Views)

Re: L-STAR needs a slight nerf

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Agreed , the muzzle flash on the L-Star is way too much. It makes it near on impossible to see your target and for the user to see theirs, making gunfights a spray fest.

Obviously if this is intended and deals more damage because of it then reducing muzzle flash will also need to be paired with reduced damage. 

Message 2 of 11 (1,501 Views)

★★ Guide
@Leo_the_Lion25 I agree! I think they should just make it look like energy ammo does, or at least, tone down the brightness of the shots a ton! Seriously, that and the charge rifle with their unnecessarily bright shots have turned my enemies invisible when I'm looking right at them!
Message 3 of 11 (1,493 Views)

@Robo_The_Man-Bot @Leo_the_Lion25 @Garlannnd  thanks for the tip, I'll have to remember that when I'm next spraying my enemies with my LstarLarge smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 4 of 11 (1,462 Views)

Funnily enough, first match this evening I was lucky enough to pick up an Lstar and a Sentinel and loads of energy ammo. To cut a long story short, lost a squaddie on the way, 4 kills, small circle, jumped a barrier and mowed down the last 2 of the remaining squad with the Lstar. Finished Kill leader with 6 kills... Champion squad. Lovely.

I use a 2 or 3 hcog sight with the LStar to give it much more accuracy up close, 3 this evening!

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 5 of 11 (1,436 Views)

★★★ Pro

I just dropped 6 kills and 1600 damage with the wingman and L-Star combo. What I did was land 2-3 shots off my wingman and switched to the L-Star spraying them without a thought of overheating lol. 

Good loadout for kill grinding. 

Message 6 of 11 (1,403 Views)

★★ Guide
@OldTreeCreeper Another, very OP trick you can try is crouch walking as Rev and hip firing with the L-Star, it tightens the spray like crazy and you're crouch walking fast enough that the enemies hardly ever hit you. I crushed a purple armor dude doing that early game (all I had was white armor), plus they don't hear you, so they're not prepared when they come around the corner!
Message 7 of 11 (1,361 Views)

★ Apprentice

Agree, bump. Fire rate is way over done. you cant see crap when the round are coming in.

Message 8 of 11 (1,332 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Agreed, way too high powered for a starting weapon

Message 9 of 11 (1,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@GarlannndYou don't need to see your target. this gun is way OP its basically a spray and pray gun that completely shreds through any armor close quarters. If they decreased the muzzle flash this gun would be the most powerful close/mid range gun in the game. It needs to be nerfed honestly. I don't understand why they take the devotion and make it a care package weapon only and make this thing one of the most common guns to pick up, low use rate? Same reason they buffed the living * out of Gibraltar? It honestly ruins the game because it takes no skill to use it.

Message 10 of 11 (1,041 Views)