Kraber too powerful

by ScepterTheFox

Original Post

Highlighted

Kraber too powerful

★★ Newbie

So, I was just playing a match and actually enjoying myself again thanks to the lack of longbow harrassment and wingman superiority, but then at 11 kills, after single handedly wiping the second to final squad, a level 16 starts harassing me with Kraber body shots. I didn't appreciate the fact the weapon can rip off level three shields and HALF YOUR HEALTH in one body shot. Seriously there is a lack of skill when utilizing a one shot capable weapon making the game really frustrating for those of us who actually put in the work, having all of that effort undone by a level 16 in two shots to the body? Are you serious? He had been harrassing me for a decent bit.but both my allies were dead and I had another squad to deal with so I couldn't close the distance, the kraber needs some form of balancing, like say..less drop rate, significantly lower ammo capacity to encourage headshots, for skilled players who actually have a feel for the weapon or the occasional bamby with a lucky slip of the finger. It's not rewarding, it left me feeling cheated and I promptly closed the game in my disappointment. I was very much looking forward to another fight but all I got was skilless spamming with a weapon that is too damn much. Thanks for making a good game with a few bad mechanics, it's rare we get that and I adore the game but honestly, first wingman and longbow, now this? Give us back the old wingman I would suffer it's wrath over the Kraber any day, but don't actually give that thing back it's a figure of speech and not the point of this post. Please just balance the weapon and make the thing a whole lot less user friendly to encourage skillfully placed shots.

Message 1 of 5 (494 Views)

Re: Kraber too powerful

★★★ Newbie

disagree. reading your post it sounds like your just butthurt that you got killed by a level 16. like that matters at all. The Kraber actaully sucks, yeah it does high damage but its so hard to hit anything with it it's INSANE. you say he's been harassing you for a long time while you fought another squad, with the G7 I would have killed you, Kraber, nah sounds about right, two body shots if i am LUCKY. for a gold teir gun its actually a joke. Dont sit there and cry cause a level 16 killed you while you were fighting another squad, sounds like you got a ego complex. quite frankly I think the Kraber should insta kill. Or be easier to hit a target with. Its not the guns fault you ignored it while fighting another squad, thats just luck of the draw, you ignore a level 16 with a spit fire or wingman or any other gun in the game your gonna get the same effect. you think your so much better then him cause your higher level ROFL you deserve that loss. As for being user friendly ROFL have you ever USED the Kraber, its about as user friendly as trying to quick scope with a .50 cal IRL. the thing shoots INSANELY slow. then you have a completely unrealistic INSANE bullet drop off. Then the bullets move so slow if your target is moving you have about 5 out of 100 chance of actually hitting your target. Maybe next time dont let someone with a gold teir gun spam at you noob.

@ScepterTheFox wrote:

So, I was just playing a match and actually enjoying myself again thanks to the lack of longbow harrassment and wingman superiority, but then at 11 kills, after single handedly wiping the second to final squad, a level 16 starts harassing me with Kraber body shots. I didn't appreciate the fact the weapon can rip off level three shields and HALF YOUR HEALTH in one body shot. Seriously there is a lack of skill when utilizing a one shot capable weapon making the game really frustrating for those of us who actually put in the work, having all of that effort undone by a level 16 in two shots to the body? Are you serious? He had been harrassing me for a decent bit.but both my allies were dead and I had another squad to deal with so I couldn't close the distance, the kraber needs some form of balancing, like say..less drop rate, significantly lower ammo capacity to encourage headshots, for skilled players who actually have a feel for the weapon or the occasional bamby with a lucky slip of the finger. It's not rewarding, it left me feeling cheated and I promptly closed the game in my disappointment. I was very much looking forward to another fight but all I got was skilless spamming with a weapon that is too damn much. Thanks for making a good game with a few bad mechanics, it's rare we get that and I adore the game but honestly, first wingman and longbow, now this? Give us back the old wingman I would suffer it's wrath over the Kraber any day, but don't actually give that thing back it's a figure of speech and not the point of this post. Please just balance the weapon and make the thing a whole lot less user friendly to encourage skillfully placed shots.

Message 2 of 5 (473 Views)

Champion

I agree with Karn, It's a total risk for reward gun. 

Getting a headshot instakill with it from range is one of the most rewarding experiences in the game, because it's fire-rate is so slow, if someone is harassing you with it then you are standing in the wrong place my friend, end of story haha!

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 3 of 5 (461 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@ScepterTheFox wrote:

the kraber needs some form of balancing

Like only getting it spawn in a care package, where people have to expose themselves since everyone can see the location of it and when it has been opened? Or giving it such a low fire rate and reload speed that the people getting shot can move out of line of sight? Or giving it a specific ammo type with only 20 extra shots? C'mon, it's supposed to be powerful, it already has major drawbacks. It does not need anymore.

Message 4 of 5 (433 Views)

★★★ Pro

It will only one shot you if the person is shot in the head and they don't have Level 3 or 4 helmet. If they have Level 1 or 2 or none. They pretty much knocked. 

Message 5 of 5 (418 Views)