Re: Kraber bad legendary

by xx_Dante2k_xx

Original Post

Kraber bad legendary

★★ Guide

Compared to the other legendary weapons the kraber just feels underpowered it doesn't even have a digital threat scope and I think everyone agrees that the six times scope is the worst sniper scope in the game so why does the kraber have a 6 to 10 scope as opposed to the standard 4 to 10 of the digital threat it basically feels the same as the Sentinel to shoot the only thing that sets it apart is the damage but with the slow projectile and large drop over distance it makes it quite hard for most players to hit their shots which means the kraber it is only really usable for the top end of players which is why most players will use a triple take if they can't find a charge rifle as it's basically a sniper rifle with training wheels which I fully expect will be a legendary weapon in season 6 which then puts the kraber in an odd position as it will have to lose damage which will then make it just a bad Sentinel

Message 1 of 26 (1,053 Views)

The only advantage the Kraber has is the guaranteed insta-kill when doing a headshot. Due to it's massive reload time, a missed shot is a death sentence, really. People know there is a sniper somewhere, they will hide and what do you gain? Nothing. A single Kraber shot can take out a single target most of the time, the rest of the squad is quickly to frantically hop around, hide or something, and at this point your successful hit is basically going to waste.

The only sniper I found somewhat useful and deadly is the DMR Longbow.

Message 2 of 26 (1,012 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The Kraber can deal a very deadly amount of damage to the Head. And the heavy damage to the body can still be enough to down most enemies that are already damaged, or not wearing a higher-tier body shield. Plus it'll make most enemies run and heal- it's like a on- shot disengagement tool too.

Message 3 of 26 (956 Views)

@StarMystro Kraber would actually be useful if it didn't just down the target, but straight up kill it. Otherwise - like I said - It's just a wasted shot, unless you manage to hit a head through usually a purple knockdown shield.
Message 4 of 26 (920 Views)

@Peri_Longbow_plz how is downing someone late game a wasted shot ?
Team just push and go 3v2.
Imo Kraber is a great weapon, especially if your playing pre made.
Message 5 of 26 (911 Views)

Wait, you and your team push after a Kraber shot? Did you mistake a sniper with a shotgun or something? Because last time I used any kind of sniper, it was from distances over 100 meters away from the target. And well, since Lifeline's separate reviving is a thing now, it's more easy than ever to basically nullify any attempt of downing targets from a distance, hence why AR's are usually the superior choice...

98% of the times that I won or lost against the last team standing, it was with AR's, shotguns or pistols. I wouldn't bring it up if I didn't have some serious concern about a legendary weapon like the Kraber.

Then again, several 'veterans' proclaim the game to be perfectly balanced or something.

Message 6 of 26 (897 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Peri_Longbow_plzyea, the kraber can be used up close if need be. 100 + Damage in one shot guaranteed.

I would take that and push. Maybe your using it in the wrong way. The Lifeline changes do suck but that's for another discussion 😏

Message 7 of 26 (892 Views)

@xx_Dante2k_xx Yes, you can use a sniper up-close. But that's not the role of the sniper. And you also can't expect people to purely get a sniper, more specifically the Kraber only to use it on close range. At this rate you can use the Devotion, too. In the most cases, games end when the ring has roughly a diameter of 200 meters. Which is the only point of the game where snipers are still in some way useful.

Again, what's the point of a - Let me highlight it - a one-shot kill sniper, if ranged takeouts are basically showing zero relevance. Revival is done quick. It takes 4 Kraber shots to kill a purple knockdown shield. I very rarely win a game with a sniper, or see people winning games with snipers. If they truly were that great, more people would use them. If some few people are using Kraber to end games, sure, but a little few aren't really drawing the rule here.
Message 8 of 26 (883 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Peri_Longbow_plzSo what do you want to see change with the snipers? Specifically the Kraber.
They could make the reload quicker and the rof quicker but what would that achieve in reality.

Message 9 of 26 (847 Views)

@xx_Dante2k_xx I suggested an easy change. Ranged takeouts with Snipers are lethal. No second chances. I'd rather die stupidly to a sniper than going down and just be annoyed.
Message 10 of 26 (831 Views)