Re: Is this BR or looting Sim?

by WickXI

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@heme725balacing out weapon with things like muzzle flash or ammo capacity in inventory instead of a mag is bad game design and it should never ever be a thing. Same goes for recoil to certain extend as PUBG... any kind of RNG is bad for skill based games. I dont want to deal with RNG, If you are good enough you dont need and you also dont want RNG. 

Message 31 of 39 (336 Views)

Community Manager

Let's try to keep the conversation on topic and avoid any personal insults, otherwise we may have to lock it down Frown.

This is an interesting discussion to have as we head into Season 2. So if there was more loot in general scattered everywhere, do you all feel it would level the playing field? I see where you're all coming from when you run into rooms only to find attachments or ammo with no weapons, frustrating indeed! However there's that aspect of the game when you have to know when to fight and when to flight. 

Blueberry.png
Message 32 of 39 (329 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I can agree that more RNG decreases the effect that skill has on a game but I really can't follow your point here. We drop with no gun and no armor and desperately hope to loot something good when we land which sounds like a LOT of RNG. My choice for which weapon to carry is based on its effectiveness, my ability with that gun, and how much ammo I plan on carrying. This can lead to me choosing a G7 over an r-99 if my inventory is going to be filled with the ammo of another gun type.

Forcing players to consider their inventory space when choosing a weapon is annoying but is another element of strategy that can make or break that next fight. Without that choice is their currently much reason to use the hemlock, G7, or any shot guns outside of early game? My experience in FPS is a bit limited so I'm struggling to see how minimizing the decisions a player has to make to allow skill to shine more has value.

If I find a devotion then I'm choosing the G7 as my secondary over the r-99 given a lot of my inventory holds energy ammo. I like that the game forces me to make that choice and would find it a bit dull if I can just grab whatever and focus on fighting.

Message 33 of 39 (315 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Most definitely it will make the game more competitive and less like a looting sim on the get go... MID game and END game is not a problem as every team will at that point be stacked doesnt matter if they seek fights or not... but beginnings are sometimes too harsh and create unfair advantage for someone who gets even white shield with eva right of the get go while someone else gets a grenade and alternator with 40 bullets... especially as some weapons are way too much ammo efficient for their kill potential
Message 34 of 39 (314 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry I believe having more even lower tier weapons everywhere with some extra healing and white stock shields and ammo especially in so called high loot locations will create less frustrating experience... it is currently a dice roll to go against enemy team with just alternator with 40 bullets while two of their players got white shields with peackeeper and R99 per say... I still want that alternator that I got... but not with just 40 bullets, I would feel much less powerless with at least 80 or at least having another gun or two to choose from even if they are mozambique and p2020... and you also mentioned knowing when to run away from a fight. Well trust me you will not run away from that 5k+ kill team, they will for sure hunt even through entire map. At least thats what I do.
Message 35 of 39 (308 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Some people see this as a bad change and I dont get why... guys you drop down and you dont spend 30seconds to a minute looting  and then running away with 10 attachments... you at least get an ok chance to defend yourself even if its RE45 against peacekeeper from the get go. How is this bad... I am not proposing purple shields and devotions with turbochargers everywhere, I am proposing more low tier loot with more ammunition, especially for the burnout weapons so you at least get a fair chance on start... HOW is this a bad thing is beyond me.

Message 36 of 39 (301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@AlmightyPhariasSkull town isnt a high loot area.  Youve said a few times that it is but its midtier.  This is why its a mystery tk me that so many people wanted to drop there at the start but its become a weird meta for players obsessed with high kill games.

Changing things to have garbage tier loot everywhere I can understand more than doubling the loot everywhere.  A problem you would run into fairly quickly though is that good players would be constantly changing shields for those on the ground.  At the minute this is a situational thing and changing armor out is only really worth doing from death boxes.

Likewise ammo management etc would become a non issue.  To me - I like that part of the game.  Its true that when I lose due to running out of meds or ammo I get pissed and in these moments I start internally demanding a team deathmatch apex game, but I dont want them to fundamentally alter the pace of Apex so that I never run out of anything.

Most of the games early fights happen because people are mobile and looking for loot.  If you eliminate that then the only early game fights will come from everyone dropping at the same place.

Message 37 of 39 (290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@AlmightyPhariasI might be totally misunderstandng what youre saying so Ill try to say it back to you and you correct me if Im wrong:

Youre saying that you want be able to have some small chance nomatter where you drop and nomatter how many other people drop there, right?

Message 38 of 39 (283 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry Dont get me wrong, i dont want the overall loot to be scattered everywhere. But i would like the essential things to survive spawn more often let me break it down like this;

1- White shields should me more often to see, especially in Hot drop areas

2- We shouldnt look for level 2 extended mags for half of the map (lvl3 is fine how it is for me)

3- Loot shouldnt be completely randomized, then you will get 3 level 2 shields in one big house and none in any part of the region you are looting. You should have some kind of limit about what loot is standing next to each other. For ex: I like Wingman, i search the whole skulltown and found zero, then in one line there is 5 standing next to each other. That is not needed by anyone, it doesnt make sense, doesnt benefit anyone. You should have a proximity limit; scramble the loot -do not place 2 mozambiques with in lets say 30meters, something lke this would be highly benificial.

4- Srynges and small cells should be found everywhere(especially hot drop areas so you dont run around with 5hp the whole fight). Not the big ones, most of the people are okay with that.

5- Boost all kinds of loot in high loot areas

6- Golden weapons, it should spawn more often. Why? Most of the people gets excited when they have it! It shouldnt be 1-2 in whole map, it should be more then that, also R301-PK-Prowler-Wingman shouldnt be the only gold weapons, try golden flatline - you have the advantage of getting all the attachments but in the end it has disadvantage to use a flatline Standard smile You can go really creative with this Golden weapons; you can change them every week, you can change their setup, you can spawn them with legendary skins, you can play a lot with this idea and change small proportion of the game by just  updating them every week or 2 days, you can check how it works out

After all these changes there might be still some unfair things in equation like best tier weapons and shields but i am really fine with that, i can fight against a lvl3 vest vs lvl2 but what i can not do is to fight with a guy with lvl3 vest and i have nothing. That example makes everything like a gamble, not only skulltown. 

Message 39 of 39 (255 Views)