Re: Introduce the damage falloff

by 888BlackShine

Original Post

Introduce the damage falloff

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Please introduce the damage drop off to some weapons at certain ranges (for example a smg/pistol do less damage in medium range and almost nothing on long distance) because many weapons are useless.

For example a wingman or a r-301 are a better sniper than a Triple Take/Longbow... Pls fix that.

Message 1 of 3 (1,791 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

After playing BF2-5 and Arma3 and PUBG for over 10 thousand hours in total I had the same issue when I first launched Apex a day ago and tried all weapons on the training camp with close and long range targets. I was shocked to see how "soft" the weapon system is, pistols and smgs etc have the same damage on 5m as on 200m or so... recoil and spread is very low compared to any other ttitles, bullet drop and varying velocity are practically non existent so you do not need to lead your aim with any weapon in Apex. On top of this the arcade type (non HC) hitmarker crosses and damage numbers....

Of course, along the fact that its free and so good all in all, this is also why 25 million player loves it so much. You do not have to struggle with the weapons like in PUBG, Arma or even in BF5 where these things are ten times more realistic and harder.

Yeah, I guess a game being realistic or being fun and entertaining are two different things which we must acknoledge (Arma is the ultra real but their total player number worldwide is like 100 people a day....).

Message 2 of 3 (1,732 Views)

★★ Guide
There is a limit on how far you can headshot, pistols have 100m, ar 250m and snipers have 750m. I like how snipers work in this game dominating long range and mediocre at medium unlike in cod where you can run snipers all the time
Message 3 of 3 (1,725 Views)