Introduce damage falloff

by Tperodactyl

Original Post

Introduce damage falloff

★★ Guide

Title is pretty self explanatory. SMGs are designs to be only close quarter guns but in this game its actually better than every assault rifle (except g7) if you can control the recoil. That's backwards. Put in fall off damage so maybe I wont go against as many r99s 

Message 1 of 15 (831 Views)

Re: Introduce damage falloff

★★★★★ Guide
@Tperodactyl Yeah I have a thread on this already lol nobody at EA seems to care
Message 2 of 15 (800 Views)

★★ Guide

It would make the game so much better. Then the end game camp sessions wouldn't be so bad. You wouldn't have wingmans hit you for 45 per shot from 200 meters away so maybe people would be a bit more aggressive

Message 3 of 15 (786 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Tperodactyl All I can say is I 100% agree. You also won't get lasered from 100m away from a freaking R99. Its so easy to do with a fully kitted R99. I am tired of being shot at from R99s when I am at range and trying to use my G7 which makes me move slow (as it should) or my spitfire. Like, we should be using similar weapons at ranges like that
Message 4 of 15 (747 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Tperodactyl Im fine with nerfing smgs, but a shooter should always reward someone who can aim and shoot. COD rushing all day is lame as heck. I find having shoot outs to be a lot more for filling and rewarding than spray&pray cod rushes all day. Sniping someone with a wingman seems fine to me.
Message 5 of 15 (718 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@ALLGREY001 How can you say sniping with a wingman is fine? That is a pistol. The amount of force behind its shot is not anywhere near an AR. Therefore, it should not have as much hitting force over distances. So what if you can hit your shots from far, use the proper gun for it.

And to be 100% honest, all this game is is spray and pray. In COD, I actually HAVE to ADS because hip fire accuracy is so wide. Hip firing in this game is so narrow and easy to do. How can a PK and Eva have a small hip fire box? It is like aiming is pointless unless you are gonna sniper. This is why I say this game is spray and pray, because everyone hip fires.
Message 6 of 15 (690 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SolitaryMassacre I think its fine because its a magnum, you're not praying and you get a limited scope. Also, Magnums in most games are capable of doing this and in real life due to its high grain.
Message 7 of 15 (675 Views)

★★ Guide
@ALLGREY001 I agree it should reward you with hitting your shots but it doesnt make sense that an smg is better at long range than every assault rifle other than the g7. The r99 needs damage falloff and more recoil at further ranges
Message 8 of 15 (671 Views)

★★ Guide

Here we go again. A wingman shouldnt be hitting for sniper damage from 200 meters away. Introduce damage fall off already. Every other game has it but this one

Message 9 of 15 (565 Views)

★★ Expert
@Tperodactyl It shouldn’t be, unless they are good at aiming. It can only get up to 2x zoom, and the recoil at mid-long range would be terrible, as the distance between each shot would be pretty far.
At more mid range, it still makes sense for it to work, as it’s not like the bullets would just completely disappear.

In the end, damage fall off could and maybe should be a thing, but it also shouldn’t be too much or else it wouldn’t be rewarding.
Message 10 of 15 (550 Views)