Re: Incorporating Passive Abilities on weapons.

by POGGIMUSMAXIMUS

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Incorporating Passive Abilities on weapons.

★★★★★ Newbie

I thought I'd share a great idea for changing the game entirely. As we all know, there are unique animations on characters when they pick up their favorite gun. 

Why not add passive abilities to those weapons like, fast reload, reduced recoil, fast weapon switch, or more damage per bullet depending on what weapon and hero combo you are using? 

Message 1 of 7 (576 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice
@POGGIMUSMAXIMUS Not a bad concept, however I will mention that that’s already implemented for a few legends, namely Rampart for LMGs and Mad Maggie for shotguns, and to add that sort of passive per each legend would mean reworking the current passives of those legends. I suppose their two passives apply to all LMGs and all shotguns respectively, and I know you’re more suggesting one weapon per legend, but I do still think further change would be needed to make that work. I like the idea though, it’s very clever as a concept, and a change like this is exactly what we need for apex right now. Good stuff!

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (540 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
@POGGIMUSMAXIMUS Not a bad concept, however I will mention that that’s already implemented for a few legends, namely Rampart for LMGs and Mad Maggie for shotguns, and to add that sort of passive per each legend would mean reworking the current passives of those legends. I suppose their two passives apply to all LMGs and all shotguns respectively, and I know you’re more suggesting one weapon per legend, but I do still think further change would be needed to make that work. I like the idea though, it’s very clever as a concept, and a change like this is exactly what we need for apex right now. Good stuff!
Message 2 of 7 (541 Views)

★ Guide
@POGGIMUSMAXIMUS that's why we have hop-ups
Message 3 of 7 (503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Skenderaxe You missed the point of their post, it’s about having specific legend-weapon combos that give buffs, not anything to do with just altering the guns themselves

Message 4 of 7 (494 Views)

★ Guide
@ThisIsYourMoment i get it. in that case there will be too many guns to match the number of legends (ever growing). though i like the idea, it would require a table-type setup of perks. like if the shotgun was good for maggie, and someone else. that someone else would need a unique buff. hopefully it wont become overwhelming in the end hehe new players will definitely get lost with these options
Message 5 of 7 (485 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Skenderaxe yeah, makes sense
Message 6 of 7 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I see your point, yea maybe not every legend with every gun, but I believe this can help with the balance changes required for any hero that isn't meta.

Message 7 of 7 (458 Views)