Re: If this game will die, loot fights will be core reason why

by Kuro466

Original Post

If this game will die, loot fights will be core reason why

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This game is either you pick Peacekeeper or restart.

Me and my friends are rapidly losing interest and desire to continiue playing Apex, not to mention im scared to introduce other friends to this game.

You have to drop 5-6 times to finally not get in a situation when you have Mozambique and run into someone who oneshots you with PK / WM, this is just extremely anoying and not fun.

I know this is a part of every BR game, but only in Apex you feel defenseless with 3/4 of the guns in loot fights.

Message 1 of 7 (430 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know right, when you get there and find someone with a peacekeeper and just GG. It's not a good situation but it happens, maybe you should try dropping in another place or trying to avoid other players in the beginning. I only have this kind of problem twice a day, and as you mentioned it happens in BR.

Message 2 of 7 (414 Views)

★★★ Guide
Yeah game feels like a slot machine. It's a good thing matches are quick to find or I wouldn't be playing.

If the Mozambique had 6 rounds per clip even 5 the problem wouldn't be nearly as bad. But Respawn refuse to buff Mozambique because "we want power curve" which is the silliest reason I've ever heard. Stick your powercurve up your *, fix the Mozambique or delete it from the game.
Message 3 of 7 (401 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't understand the complaint.

Hot drops are huge RNG. You find a better gun, you have an advantage. You find a worse gun, you have a disadvantage. If you hotdrop enough times, you see it's roughly fair, it's just random. The better you get, the more you can overcome the randomness.

If you want less RNG, don't hotdrop. Stay on the plane and drop somewhere near the end.

Message 4 of 7 (395 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Kuro466 wrote:

I don't understand the complaint.

Hot drops are huge RNG. You find a better gun, you have an advantage. You find a worse gun, you have a disadvantage. If you hotdrop enough times, you see it's roughly fair, it's just random. The better you get, the more you can overcome the randomness.

If you want less RNG, don't hotdrop. Stay on the plane and drop somewhere near the end.

You can drop on the edge of the map run for days and still find nothing but Mozambique's and white armour. 

This game is more of a lottery than a game of skill. RNG plays too big of a factor. 

I'd be ok with it, if there wasn't such a power gap between weapons.

Message 5 of 7 (386 Views)

★ Guide
it has nothing to do with hot drops, it's everywhere. Sometimes you run through a building and all you find is a knockdown and 1 stack of ammo, so you run through another building and find the exact same thing, then you open a crate and find 3 * white helmets. Having Moz/P2020 in the game just feels bad if they're not going to guarantee AT LEAST those weapons in every building. They get replaced asap as per the developers thoughts on them, so whats the harm in placing them everywhere? Why have a loot node spawn 1 stack of heavy and 1 stack of energy if a player is going to keep running into that and end up with nothing then die?

So your solution in a shooter game is to drop where absolutely nobody else is, where you won't see anybody for another 10 minutes until its 4 squads left and you get to shoot at 1 squad if you're lucky? What a garbage * suggestion that is.
Message 6 of 7 (354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@MossyShambler wrote:

So your solution in a shooter game is to drop where absolutely nobody else is, where you won't see anybody for another 10 minutes until its 4 squads left and you get to shoot at 1 squad if you're lucky? What a garbage * suggestion that is.

If you want to give your teammates the highest chance of survival, yes. If you just want quick kills, by all means, drop down in a hot area with the other 16 teams that also has no tactical skills, non-what-so-ever, die and restart after 2 mins. You, like 95 % of all other players, however , don't seem to understand there are different ways to win the game. You get waaaaay more points for staying long in the game, compared to what kills gives you. I'd much rather have 2 kills and place second, than 10 kills yet far from a podium finish. 

Actually, I'm quite fed-up with players who has no patience and even refuse to follow their teammates, if the landing spot is too far away.

Message 7 of 7 (311 Views)