I still feel like the G7 needs a buff

by Leo_the_Lion25

Original Post

I still feel like the G7 needs a buff

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

G7 gets out gunned by Triple Take and Longbow. Headshots aren't that rewarded either in my personal opinion. 

Things that would make it better would be something like the following:

• Increase the damage from 30 to 35. This would mean you down people in 3-6 shots rather than the current 4-7 shots. Headshot would become 70 meaning damage would be 63/56/53 based on helmet level. 
  • Give it a hop-up of either Skullpiercer or hammer rounds. Personally, I would like the skullpiercer on it. The damage would be 2.5 multiplier. If you updated the damage to 35 it would be 88 with no helmet followed by 79/70/66.

Message 1 of 9 (612 Views)

Re: I still feel like the G7 needs a buff

Champion

I agree with skullpiercers as this would reward accuracy, however hammerpoints would make this weapon horribly overpowered early game, seeing as it acts as Apex's equivalent of a m14, the short to midrange power wouldn't balance.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 9 (584 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree that it requires a buff, either sounds solid. I love using it but far too often I can land several consecutive shot on an opponent and they escape. At such a low fire rate, I think landing 6 shots at range should be rewarded with a kill.

Message 3 of 9 (573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Leo_the_Lion25
^This, plus less bullet drop.

34 damage = 6 shots to down

Skullpiercer 2.5 damage = 85 headshot

Less bullet drop = more range

Perfect buff.

Message 4 of 9 (537 Views)

Champion

Yeah the bullet drop is god awful lol.

Message 5 of 9 (534 Views)

★★ Pro

Seriously with this skullpiercer thing? :/  Have you seen how fast the G7 fires?  Does anyone calling for it to be buffed ever use it?

Message 6 of 9 (521 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Anlbrd  yup. Supposedly 240 dmg per second with headshots. Maybe mouse clicking but i don't thinks that's viable on console as that's 4 shots in a second. 

I could be wrong and just not good enough with the weapon...i don't claim to be an expert with it, however it does seem unlikely even with full trigger sensitivity.

Personally i'm just pushing the skullpiercer agenda to give it true range capabilities, at the very least increased bullet travel would make me happy.

Message 7 of 9 (512 Views)

★★★ Pro

Those are good changes too. 

Message 8 of 9 (472 Views)

★★★ Pro

In the solo update patch notes:

Alternator was nerfed

Re-45 was buffed in ammo

301 was nerfed at longer ranges

And I think that is it. I still love to see G7 get a buff. That new Legendary Skin is sick too. 

Message 9 of 9 (402 Views)