Re: I do more damage in melee then with guns.

by Joewlsi

Original Post

I do more damage in melee then with guns.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So far I have played enough to get to level 29 but tbh I haven't improved, not complaining or suggesting anything just establishing my lack of skill.

I find I can do more damage by punching and kicking my way through the game then using guns as the melee has a small lock on distance for guaranteed damage. I thought that by playing more and getting used to the projectile mechanics I would naturally get better, but that hasn't been the case.

Something about these guns doesn't work well with my PC, I have an older system i5 2500, 8gb RAM, 1050 OC gpu and the game often runs at about 40-50 fps during fire fights. As such maintaining lock on fast moving targets is near impossible as the movement is very stuttered ie. I'm probably not aiming where I should be to generate hits as the target has probably moved from where I think they are (fps and internet latency). They can often just close distance without issue and take me out with a shotgun blast with little damage to themselves.

As such I rarely feel like I'm able to contribute to my squad when they need me to, which is frustrating to say the least.

I think the minimum PC specs are too low as a PC close or at that level just won't have the power to render the game well enough to actually fight on equal ground.

I hope some optimization is in the works or specs are changed so I don't feel I'm wasting my time on something my PC should be able to play, but until then I guess it's just back to punching. 

Message 1 of 2 (267 Views)

Re: I do more damage in melee then with guns.

★★★★ Apprentice

Do you have all the possible settings on Low or Off?
Reducing Fov also helps a lot btw

Message 2 of 2 (234 Views)