Re: How is the Mozambique still in the game?

by SolitaryMassacre

Original Post

How is the Mozambique still in the game?

★★ Guide

W/ guns like the PK, R-99, Devotion, and G7 in the game, how is the Mozambique still in the game? Does respawn have any idea how to balance their weapons? Seriously, Mozambique should be a supply drop weapon, b/c it is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too easy to find and does no DAMAGE! It just takes up space where other, actual guns could be! 

BTW, I think the Dev. was pretty well nerfed! 

Message 1 of 25 (773 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide
@Robo_The_Man-Bot I * hate this gun
Message 2 of 25 (735 Views)

★★ Novice
@Robo_The_Man-Bot Dude, you are comparing smgs, ars, lmgs with a pistol? Yeah its a shotgun pistol but still. What do you want, only smgs and snipers in the game, all doing exactly same amount if damage, and requires same level of skill?

With hopup the Mozambuque is a one shot kill if the shield is cracked. It then does 102 damage on a bodyshot.
Message 3 of 25 (708 Views)

★★ Guide
@carupo_swe Fine. Compare it to the other pistols then... And have you ever willingly taken a Mozambique to any other gun? Also, in a game where you pick up loot to create your class instead of spawning in w/ it, you can compare any two guns!
Message 4 of 25 (702 Views)

★★ Novice
@Robo_The_Man-Bot Think about it. The weak weapons are often placed on spots where players land first. And there is a reason why they should be in the game. If there would be r-99s on those spots and the fastest guy takes it, he can kill the other two squads who landed at the same spot, even if they quickly found a white shield. How fun would this game then be if the first minute of the game is so unbalanced?

But yeah, after I found out what the hammerpoint does to the Moz, I happily play it as a second weapon. Like, r-99 cracks the shield then quickly swap to Moz and one shot to down the enemy... Pretty OP.... Cant do that on a fully kitted PK on a bodyshot.
Message 5 of 25 (697 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@carupo_swe Actually, you can instant drop someone in 2 shots with the PK and them having full armor. Can't do that that with an R99 and a moz. Not to mention you have 6 shots in a PK, R99 spits out ammo like nothing, then you have to reload, PLUS switch weapons, which takes forever in this game.

Moz should be a slug shot pistol. Each slug does ~60 damage - Shield or no shield. If they did that, get rid of hammerpoint too. Then I would actually not mind it as a secondary. Cause sometimes I just need one hard hitting shot to end my enemy.

Also, the first paragraph you wrote, you literally summed up apex legends. Every time I drop, I find Moz and P2020, pick it up. Then I get swarmed by another squad who has PK, Eva, G7, Hemlock, Spitfire, basically all the other guns in the game. I also may find a blue shield. So, yeah, that first paragraph is totally inaccurate.
Message 6 of 25 (679 Views)

★★ Guide
@carupo_swe the problem is, the other weapons (R-99) are also placed in places people land! So someone lands somewhere and only finds a Mozambique, and someone else lands close by and finds an R-99, the person who found the Mozambique is up a creek and it's an easy kill for the guy who found the R-99 (it's more likely that they found a G7 since those things are everywhere, but the problem doesn't change). Loot drops are random, so there's no guarantee that anyone's even gonna land on the Moz. Also, you can one-shot a guy w/ no armor w/ the PK. There is no difficulty or any drawbacks to the PK. It only takes two body shots to kill a purple armor guy with body-shots w/ the PK.
Message 7 of 25 (673 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Robo_The_Man-Bot There should be a limited time event where the ONLY weapon is Mozambique. It would be hilarious.
Message 8 of 25 (660 Views)

★★ Expert
@Professor_Doggy Yes, that would be very fun.
Message 9 of 25 (646 Views)

★★ Expert
@Robo_The_Man-Bot It’s a bad weapon normally, yes. But that’s just how the game works. It would be weird to have it deal more damage than a proper shotgun or a sniper or an smg.
Message 10 of 25 (645 Views)