Re: Hot Zones

by Subtle_Tactics

Original Post

Hot Zones

★★★ Newbie

Supposedly these areas always have high tier loot and a possibility of a fully kitted weapon...Yet you still find level 1 shields/bag plus mozambiques. Its absolutely ridiculous that a mozambique is in a hot zone. This alone is just a travesty. I shouldn't drop on a hot zone, walk in first, and see a mozambique on the ground. What the heck am I supposed to do with that sorry excuse for a gun?

Has anyone started a petition to take that gun out of the game completely?

Message 1 of 7 (531 Views)

Community Manager

Hot Zones DO contain higher tier loot, but do you think if it was loaded with a lot more that could entice "too many" squads to drop down there? There will need to be a fine balance to ensure other zones are attractive enough to drop into. 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 7 (504 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Maybe other topic but could it not be wise to mix the high tier loot areas so people dont always go to the same locations?

Reminder: The mozambique makes all areas hot!

(NPI)

Message 3 of 7 (449 Views)

★ Guide
I don't understand this mindset...The squads who aren't dropping in hot zones aren't doing so out of fear they'll pick up a Mozambique, they're not dropping because they're scared, playing conservatively, or playing with randos. It feels like a rip off when instead of being rewarded with at least useful low/midtier loot like a flatline or a scout in a hot zone, I open the door to a Mozambique or p2020. With the meta in these hot zones consisting of pushing opposing teams as fast as possible after the drop, this can spell game over for a player.
Message 4 of 7 (391 Views)

Community Manager

@NNeil6991 

Do you think hot zones should contain barely any loot at all other than a few very high valued items? This way if you don't get it right away you know it's time to bail.

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 7 (354 Views)

★ Guide
No that would basically spell death for anyone dropping in hot zones. Multiple squads usually drop in the surrounding area to third party hot drops. If there is hardly any loot you funnel all the runners to their death by third parties and the squads that do find the meager hot drop loot will get annihilated by third parties. A good example of a high tier loot area that already acts like this is Pitt. If you drop there - even if the loot is good - there isn't enough loot for your squad to go around, and there is a high probability that teams dropped slums, runoff, and bunker and will push you if they saw you drop. I think the way to improve hot drops is to not have the objectively lowest tier weapons spawn in these areas. That way it removes the sense of robbery that a player gets from dropping in a hot zone, picking up a garbage weapon, and dying. I also believe having more consistent loot will help with getting third partied, as the team/teams in the zone will be better equipped to deal with them (which they should be, because they dropped hot).
Message 6 of 7 (349 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'd say make there be two hot zones a different areas of the map.

Message 7 of 7 (284 Views)