Re: Hidden/unknown bug with Prowler, Hemlok and G7 Scout

by Sir_Named

Original Post

Hidden/unknown bug with Prowler, Hemlok and G7 Scout

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

So I was messing around in Firing Range and i discovered something I don't think many know about. If you deplete the Prowler, Hemlok or G7 scout (with doubletap on), down to the last bullet and the gun automatically reloads, you get a slow down effect as if you are crouched (stuck in mudd). You can't run or slide. This is a huge disadvantage as I explain in this video: https://youtu.be/XIJZcLL8Lv0

Message 1 of 12 (951 Views)

★ Apprentice
@DjangoPlaysApex Thank you for posting about this.
Message 2 of 12 (907 Views)

★★ Expert
@DjangoPlaysApex That may be an actual mechanic. Kind of like how you reload faster when you have at least 1 bullet left in the mag.
Doesn't this happen anyway when reloading? I've never noticed this, so I'll make sure to try it out.
Message 3 of 12 (898 Views)

★ Apprentice

No it doesn't happen when you reload by hitting R. I feel that we should be aware if this is a mechanic - thus I posted it. But yeah, maybe it's to balance the insane high damage the prowler and hemlok deliver if you are acurrate with your shots. The hemlok can deliver over 100+ damage if your three burst hit the head - insane really. Another thing is, if you space your shots at the last bullets in the chamber (not click like crazy) your reload will not slow you down. But hey, it's hard to remember this when in a hectic gunfight,.

Message 4 of 12 (854 Views)

★★ Expert
@DjangoPlaysApex See if you can use the thing where all the data shows up on the screen. I couldn’t quite tell if I was sprinting or just running, or something in between when I was reloading.
If you can get that data thing to show up, it could help.
Message 5 of 12 (816 Views)

★★★ Pro

Seen the video a few days ago and was never aware of this. It does look like a bug for burst weapons. 

You can reload faster as long as the clip isn't empty but it never once clicked in my mind that you couldn't move when certain weapons were empty like you've shown. 

It would be interesting if this was changed. It's actually buff if fixed. 

Message 6 of 12 (779 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, I too think it's a bug. But they should be aware of it right? I mean, they designed the game.A buff yes, but it should be like that in the first place - btw the Hemlok burst is so strong its unbelieavable - hit one burst all bullets to head and it shreds....ONE BURST!

Message 7 of 12 (730 Views)

★★ Expert
@DjangoPlaysApex Well, hitting all the shots on the head is pretty difficult. At range, it's basically impossible, and even in close range people's heads aren't that big.
But most weapons shred anyway when you hit headshots.
Message 8 of 12 (704 Views)

★★★ Guide
@DjangoPlaysApex This is also present on the charge rifle. If you fully empty the clip there's an additional animation that makes it take longer for some reason. I think this actually exists on most weapons too.

And yea Hemlock has become really strong, both single fire if you have steady aim and tapping for rapidshred or quick burst with controlled recoil. If you ever hear someone going "pop pop pop pop pop pop" thats the Hemlock single fire, technically speaking its broken considering the near zero recoil and rapid rate of fire. It's per bullet damage was buffed not long ago too.
Message 9 of 12 (680 Views)

★ Apprentice

I did not know that this was the case with the Charge Riffle.

No, it's not something most weapons have - only Hemlok, Prowler burst and G7 double-tap - and apparantly the Charge Riffle.

They seriously need to fix this. The fact that the vast majority of the community doesn't know this is worrying. It doesn't make any sense to apply this to these weapons. This will get you killed in a gunfight.

Message 10 of 12 (609 Views)