Re: Great Idea for Gold Body Armor

by All-I-Dont-See

Original Post

Great Idea for Gold Body Armor

★ Novice

So my idea is to have it so that the armor negates the first two shots and resets after 45 seconds. So for instance you get shot once and a 10 second timer starts for you to be immune to 1 more bullet. After the 10 seconds the 45 second CD starts. The person with gold armor will now be immune from being 1 shot. So it will force for more aggressive game play.

Message 1 of 8 (618 Views)

★★★ Pro

What if Gold Armor gives you Fortified?

Message 2 of 8 (569 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So basically sniper shots are useless?  Not really a fan of this.  This is only fair on rapid fire weapons.

Message 3 of 8 (557 Views)

★ Novice

Only useless on the first 2 shots and only for the person with gold armor. I think its fairly  balanced. You could always have some one spray them with another weapon before you try your shot.

Message 4 of 8 (522 Views)

★★ Expert
@CaitlinC25 Well, that'd really shift the meta, but only to auto weapons. High damage per shot weapons would be much less used, i.e. Wingman, pk, basically all snipers. Sure, you could hope a teammate hit them twice before, but why not just carry an auto weapon instead?
Good idea in concept, but probably wouldn't pan out right.
Message 5 of 8 (496 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@CaitlinC25 Gold armor is absolutely fine where it is. The ONLY thing it needs is a spawn rate nerf.

My whole squad had gold armor in like 5 minutes into the game - all obtained from loot on the ground not from vault or care package (which really should be the only way to get it)
Message 6 of 8 (470 Views)

★ Apprentice

I though that the golden armour could slowly regen your shields and health (which ever one needs the healing) but not at a rapid rate but lowly so the it I think balanced  

Message 7 of 8 (417 Views)

★★★ Novice

Gold armor is fine the way it is. The ability it has is a game changer already.

I like it vs the evo shield, because now you get to choose between the ability or more HP. Negating the first two shots makes it too OP against snipers and basically an evo everywhere else (which we already have).

Message 8 of 8 (403 Views)