Gold (Legendary) Drops Could Use A Rework

by ShowMeUrDeathBox

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gold (Legendary) Drops Could Use A Rework

I feel like these very rare drops could use a change and could be made a little more desirable than they currently are.

Gold Knockdown Shield-  Very rarely do I ever successfully get to use this shield towards the end of the game when there are 2 or 3 squads remaining.  It's basically just a purple knockdown shield because it is very difficult to actually get the resurrect off, while shooting at an enemy and you get downed if you dare show your shiny gold shield they will definitely try to thirst you.  This thing could use a rework like give you an instant resurrection or reflect bullets, or maybe even give you a P2020 to shoot while downed as a last ditch effort to kill the enemy.

Gold Body Armor (Executioner)-  This body armor is basically the same as the purple rarity as well, also rarely do I ever try to execute somebody while enemies are still around to replenish my body shield.  This could also use a rework, make it so that while executing an enemy with a gold body armor you can take extreme damages or almost become invulnerable during your execution.  This would make the armor much more sought after because sometimes I just replace it with the purple armor as means of a quick full shield without wasting shield batteries.

Gold Barrel Mod-  The muzzle flash is kind of "meh" for this rare item I feel like it could have more done with it, have it work like a silencer suppressing its shooting noise or something too.

The Mastiff's Iron Sights-  I get that the point of a shotgun is to easily be able to hip fire and blast close ranged targets turning them into a magical loot box, but I find that the sight put onto this gun can be somewhat confusing when aiming trying to understand its spread shot.

Guns from Purple Loot Ticks-  I feel that finding a loot tick should be more rewarding, and struggling to race an enemy squad to the top of a building just to see a Phoenix kit, a syringe and a basic RE-45 is a bit dissatisfying.  Just like gold loot ticks, I feel that guns that come from purple loot ticks should have all the following attachments like their gold versions, but all purple mods instead since they dropped out of a purple tick.  Also being able to extract certain mods off these guns to use on other weapons would be nice.  Say like you find a gold Wingman and want to pull the Skullpiercer and extended mag off to use for your Longbow.  Another very cool concept would be to have an end of match loot tick reward for breaking loot ticks, maybe give you a couple crafting materials towards a skin or tracker you're after.  Balance it out and have a better reward system for winning games as well, maybe even coming in 2nd or 3rd place giving some crafting materials since there is no way to obtain these other than buying apex packs after you've reached max level.

Message 1 of 2 (393 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gold (Legendary) Drops Could Use A Rework

Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your thoughts around the Legendary loot! Gotta admit, it's tough at times to get that Resurrection off in battle. Wish the amount of time on it was a few seconds shorter. Having a final stand with your pistol out could be interesting since you'll always be on edge not knowing if the player has that ability. (unless there is a distinct animation)

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (365 Views)

All Replies

Re: Gold (Legendary) Drops Could Use A Rework

Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your thoughts around the Legendary loot! Gotta admit, it's tough at times to get that Resurrection off in battle. Wish the amount of time on it was a few seconds shorter. Having a final stand with your pistol out could be interesting since you'll always be on edge not knowing if the player has that ability. (unless there is a distinct animation)

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 2 (366 Views)