Re: G7 needs a Rate of Fire nerf

by Draknost

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

This issue needs to be brought back to center of attention. Once you hit platinum and above there is almost always multiple people running the G7 in the top 3. It inhabits the game play especially when the rate of fire allows it to compete with AR's of you have it on single fire.

Message 31 of 33 (270 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I agree, the G7 kills a bit too fast, but the damage should absolutely remain at 34.

Tried to make my own thread with balance suggestions for S4, but for some reason it got flagged as spam, sooo... I'll just post the sniper section here. :D

Snipers

G7 Scout: Reduce the rate of fire slightly, by ~10%? Right now it drops people a bit too fast. Don't think the damage should be touched though, 34 feels really nice on it.

Longbow: Increase projectile speed. For what feels like the closest thing to a traditional sniper (barring Kraber), the slow projectiles really make long range fights a bit too unfavorable. Even the G7 feels more reliable for long range.

Triple Take: Increase fire rate slightly, by ~10%? This weapon feels like it's focused on mid-range, especially without a precision choke, but it lacks the fire rate to really compete with the alternatives at mid range, and the spread/choke time (without/with hop-up) is too high to compete at long range. Giving it a more midrange niche would suit the weapon as it is.

Message 32 of 33 (259 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@RedpawsQ This thread is titled 'needs a rate of fire nerf' and most points I've seen brought up are 100% related to the rate of fire. I'm fine with the damage, but I don't think a 10% reduction in rate of fire is enough. It is already crazy fast compared to every other sniper rifle, the rates of fire have been posted for all sniper rifles so far and I want to say it is FOUR TIMES faster than the next fastest gun. Literally you can cut the rate of fire by 50% and it would still be firing twice as fast as most other sniper rifles.

As to your other proposed sniper changes, the longbow faster projectile might be nice, I'd personally prefer a little bit less bullet drop, it is stupid hard to hit anything past 200 m if they have ANY kind of movement happening. Since most 'pros' never sit still, it makes throwing lead downrange at a distance a crap shoot with this gun.

Triple take fire rate boost? Maybe. I'm ok with it, even with the latest choke buffs it still just feels like you really have to be well hidden to use it at 'full capacity' (all three projectiles hitting target). Once you hit with that first shot the target is going to start moving like crazy and you'll be forced to go with a non-choked hit in order to hit them again before they go to ground.
Message 33 of 33 (247 Views)