Flatline is the 2nd worst weapon after that Mozambique

by realy-bad-1

Original Post

Re: Flatline is the 2nd crapiest weapon after that Mozambi

★ Guide
@mxiter Everyone asking for a barrel stabilizer on a gun that does only one less damage then the prenerfed spitfire, has a faster firerate, and better hipfire than the spitfire ever did need to relax. The gun is accurate at midrange and especially easy with a 2x on. The recoil pattern is almost a carbon copy of the spitfire's with one less step. If you need to hit long range switch to single fire and pop people for 19-38 damage a shot or pair it with a longbow for a beastly high damage combo.
Message 21 of 36 (577 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@DarthVaapar

You mean a Bullpup.

Message 22 of 36 (572 Views)

★ Guide
@hhnbbfggty66 I have to say I agree. After the recent buff I have killed many hipfiring at close range with the Flatline but it now needs some love for mid range, it shouldnt be a close range weapon.

Whether that is a barrel stabilizer or another hop up/attachment who knows. But I do think if it was as simple as a barrel stabilizer then it may be a too big of a change depending upon the difference it makes because of the barrel stabilizers availability.
Message 23 of 36 (564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@iBlockHeadI'm only talking about what IS re: the hipfire thing. I'm not talking about what SHOULD BE because of it being an AR/SMG. At the end of the day it's just pixels to me for this discussion, you could take away all visual evidence of the gun so we were firing from invisible weapons when it comes to me talking about balance. I think the numbers you can put out from hipfiring give it a specific place in the pantheon of weapons.

Is it the best? No. Is it good enough to kill someone else with so you have the pick of their weapons after? In my experience - definitely.

I don't think that every gun has to be as good as the rest in every situation. So long as something just ISN'T viable (Naked p2020 before the chance of a hopup existed) in almost all fights - it has a place to me.

Would you make the Hemlock fully auto? If we put a barrel stabiliser on the Flatline that's what we're talking about.

[edit] Incidentally - have any of you tried using it on singlefire?  No one has mentioned it yet.

Message 24 of 36 (529 Views)

Flatline buff, & attachment idea.

★★★ Guide

I think this weapon could use a little buff to its recoil control. Not asking for it to have stabilizers but I think it could use just a bit of a recoil buff because it is an AR after all, feels more like an SMG at this point. Maybe another idea would be adding suppressors, only for Light weapons and maybe the flatline to give it more of an appeal.

Message 25 of 36 (502 Views)

★★ Expert
@Anlbrd Hemlock single fire is better than burst.

If you meant have we used the Flatline in single fire, thats still garbage. you shoot once and the barrel is already pointing at the sky trying to hit a flyer for you.

The gun needs a buff one way or another, there's no question about it
Message 26 of 36 (515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@iBlockHeadI did mean the Flatline. Single fire and tap it and it's as accurate as you could possible need a gun to be when you consider the massive damage each shot does, it's just part of the game's design that this weapon isn't for long range.

What I was getting at with my Hemlock comment was - if you buffed the Flatline in ANY of the suggested ways out of this thread: you might as well remove it entirely and give the Hemlock a full auto option, as they would be the same gun.

After the to-and-fro in this thread from yesterday I used the Flatline today for 5 games on the bounce and it absolutely shredded.  Are there better options for some (most, even) situations, yes.  But is the gun the 2nd worst gun in the game?  Not at all in my experience.  It's a very GENERAL weapon.  It's range is limited and it isn't fancy.  It doesn't shine in any specific niche, but it thumps out some serious damage if you can hit shots with it - and thats about controlling the range of your engagements.

Message 27 of 36 (505 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, a Flatline with a stabilizer would certainly be better than auto Hemlock thanks to better headshot multiplier.

Message 28 of 36 (476 Views)

★★ Pro
@mxiter Using it on single fire today to see if its viable end game, and the range it's effective at is actually better than I originally though. Killed a guy this morning trying to G7 me at midrange because the headshots from it are so utterly mental.
Message 29 of 36 (463 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Op you're wrong. The Flatline is actually quite decent in close to mid range. Yes its poop at longer ranges but it still has a place, Shroud was consistently using it on his way to Apex Pred.

The other reason you're wrong is that the Spitefire is pretty much the worst gun in the game now. Most other guns got buffed and after the nerf the Spitefire got several patches ago its simply outclassed by just about everything. Ill pick up a Flatline over a Spitfire any day.

Message 30 of 36 (574 Views)