by hhnbbfggty66

Original Post

Re: Flatline is the 2nd crapiest weapon after that Mozambi

★★ Pro

I think they got the Alternator and Flatline skins mixed up :D

Message 11 of 36 (931 Views)

★★ Expert

Agreed. The Flatline currently has no place in the game. 

Every other gun is viable in its own way with their own attachments. The Flatline however is just a strange gun to come across. It's an AR but you can only give it an extended mag, stock, and scope, and once you have all three, you realize you're better off just giving the attachments to someone else.

Early game its useful if the enemy has a Moz and cant aim or if they don't have a gun and are just running away. 

I'd even consider slapping a bay at the end of it and having it do increased melee damage lmao anything to get me from trading it with the first gun I see 

Message 12 of 36 (923 Views)

★★ Pro
@iBlockHead Its place for me so far - if I can score a mag for it especially - is hipfire. It's better than at least half the guns for hipfire strafing people and cqb with the dmg buff it had. If you're decent at hipfiring for a spread of chest/headshots it is absolutely brutal to come up against. I did better with it when someone explained to me that I should think of it like an Eva8 in how I use it.
Message 13 of 36 (921 Views)

★★ Expert
@Anlbrd hipfire at me while I actually aim at your head or body, whos dying faster?

Saying its better than half the guns for hipfiring is a flat out lie. I would get better results firing from the hip if I was using any other gun aside from snipers.

The only place it currently has is staying on the floor where you found it or picking it up to hold your 3 extra attachments like the Alt before season 2.
Message 14 of 36 (917 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@iBlockHeadDepends on the range to be honest mate. You're likely to score exactly the amount of headshots you need to win with the Flatline in its current form by hipfiring at most of the ranges you'll find in something like a Skulltown drop. Whilst being able to keep your run speed so people can't get around the corner and away from you easily.

Its still not a gun I'll carry through endgame, but early game and for close range there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Opinions are like a-holes though, eh? Standard smile

Message 15 of 36 (916 Views)

★★ Expert
@Anlbrd Just because you have one, doesn't mean its right and that all should be ignored.

You gotta understand that it's selling point should not be that it fires from the hip decently fine and therefor, it somehow makes the whole gun fine where it is. Its an AR, not a sub. It should be useful at mid range as much as it is in close range.

Also wdym depends on the range? anyone with a brain would know if someone was firing at you with any other AR or sub while aiming, you're going down much faster and first before you break the other guys shield.

If you had one good game with it, awesome, good for you. I've downed a squad during season 1 with the Moz alone, doesn't mean it was in a good place.
Message 16 of 36 (899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@realy-bad-1What I am most upset about is the fact, for a moment, I thought the Flatline was better than the r301.

At the beginning of season 2, the Flatline is all I used, but one day all I could find was the r301 and instantly I saw why the r301 is the king of guns in Apex legends. I slaughtered my way through the map. Game after game I was unstoppable with the r301.
Even naked the r301 slaughters.

The r301 can handle any situation.
I can firmly say the r301 is the best gun in Apex Legends.

When I pick up an r301, I already know I will win.

Buff Successful

Message 17 of 36 (897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The Flatline damage output is so insane. It can shred a purple/gold armored guy whit half of magazine.

If you can handle the recoil and aim for the head, it's simply insane.

It can definitly contest R99 at mid-close range.

Message 18 of 36 (865 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@mxiter
It is okay as a close range weapon.

Message 19 of 36 (861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

It shouldn’t even need a barrel stabilizer. The rear loaded/firing style of this gun, with the longest barrel of all the weapons, means that it should be intrinsically more stable than the rest. That is exactly why weapon manufacturers have designed some guns this way. 

Respawn, don’t bother with a barrel stabilizer for the Flatline. Just reduce the kick/spread a little and problem solved. 

Its called the Flatline for crying out loud. It’s supposed to be a stable firing weapon system. 

Message 20 of 36 (954 Views)