Re: Flatline Recoil?

by hhnbbfggty66

Original Post

Flatline Recoil?

★★★ Newbie

Having played in the Titanfall universe since Titanfall 1 (IMC for life), it was almost nostalgic seeing some of my favorite guns in Apex Legends. Obviously I don't expect the weapons in Apex to behave like they did in Titanfall (the Longbow, for instance, had zero bullet drop in Titanfall 1 because the bullet was fired at super high velocity), but one weapon kind of doesn't make sense in Apex. As you may have guessed: the Flatline.

While shooting the Flatline at range recently, I noticed that the gun was kicking back vertically. This actually surprised me because the gun famously had zero vertical recoil.

(And on that note, the Alternator also fired in a sideways line, having two chambers on the gun that would fire rhythmically. A barrel stablizer on this makes no sense because there are two barrels on the gun.)

I understand there's a requirement to make the guns as balanced as possible for a fair BR experience. However, since the Flatline cannot take a barrel stablizer, it would make sense to adjust its recoil to move only side-to-side. This would make the gun usable at the same distance with similar accuracy falloff, but more deadly should your opponent's reaction be to strafe within its range, similar to how jumping in a shotgun battle basically ensures you lose that battle.

While it does recoil to the side to an extent, the vertical recoil robs the gun of this effect. A completely horizontal recoil would lead to some interesting gunfights and strategies, while still remaining relatively balanced.

Message 1 of 5 (1,270 Views)

★★★ Guide

It is actually good now, so it having the recoil that it does makes sense for how hard hitting it is, shroud has been using it and he has said its best for close range encounters, it has the highest Damage output for all AR's.

Message 2 of 5 (1,260 Views)

Champion

I agree, the flatline is my go to weapon and since the buff it packs a mean punch. Respawn rewards recoil control so just counteract your vertical recoil and fire bursts at range and you'll still devastate a target.

This weapon needs no further adjustment in my opinion...it actually seems to be one of the few buffed weapons to not receive a barrage of hate lol. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 5 (1,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@SweetonionctVertical recoil is actually better than horizontal recoil.
Vertical recoil can be countered with recoil-compensation to engage at range: skills.

Horizontal recoil can not be countered with recoil-compensation to engage at range: no skill, no medium range.

Vertical recoil is good for ADS medium range.
Horizontal recoil is good for hip-fire close range.

The current Flatline has good horizontal recoil for hipfire, and is a pretty good close range weapon.

Message 4 of 5 (1,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@SweetonionctI just ran the Flatline is good as is. I just wiped multiple squads with it. Its perfect

The Flatline is a close range assault rifle. 

You have to use it with iron sights.

Using it with iron sights or 1x scopes will force you to engage at close range.

Message 5 of 5 (1,032 Views)