Re: Disruptor ruined the game

by Ls1play

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Disruptor ruined the game

★★ Novice

As a balance, the disruptor rounds sounded good on paper, however, in game they absolutely ruined it. It completely outclasses every other gun at close to mid range. I have had countless times where I will be shooting someone with the R301 and lose the firefight even after I started shooting first. It makes the load out very narrow and if you don’t use one, you won’t make it very far. It has ruined the game I once loved, and until a fix, I refuse to play.

Message 1 of 18 (1,776 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide
@Tensai_Zoo It's not really apples to apples though with the alternator vs r99. The problem with it is you can pot shot people and rip through their shields at mid to long range with an alternator and it costs you basically nothing. Ripping purple shields off people with a common drop smg and preventing them from being able to push on you is so much more useful, and the fact that you can pair it with essentially any gun and have an effective squad wiping kit is a bit broken.

View in thread

Message 4 of 18 (1,625 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro
@Ls1play It's not absolutely ruined the game overall for me but when you run into a squad where all 3 people are running alternators (rare but its happened enough times to be a thing for me) - it's a bit of a joke.
Message 2 of 18 (1,697 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The disruptor (after the nerf) brings the Alternator on par with a r-99, but does not outclass it. In fact it should have an average of 200dps against a 100HP/100SP target. The weaker the enemy's shield is, the worse its factual dps compared to other guns. I even stopped using it after the nerf and went back on using the r-99 for cqc.

Message 3 of 18 (1,663 Views)

★ Guide
@Tensai_Zoo It's not really apples to apples though with the alternator vs r99. The problem with it is you can pot shot people and rip through their shields at mid to long range with an alternator and it costs you basically nothing. Ripping purple shields off people with a common drop smg and preventing them from being able to push on you is so much more useful, and the fact that you can pair it with essentially any gun and have an effective squad wiping kit is a bit broken.
Message 4 of 18 (1,626 Views)

★★ Pro
@NNeil6991 This ^. Something the alternator does that is extremely difficult with any other gun is hosing someone's shields off at distance and burning through their shield batteries.
Message 5 of 18 (1,617 Views)

★★ Guide

Landed found an r99, waiting for the guy to come through the door, hits me with like 3 shots from a P2k. Die immediately cause I had no shield. How lucky do you have to be to find a p2020 and the hop up literally as soon as you drop? Lost 3 RP cause of it. Remove the hop ups. They ruin the game

Message 6 of 18 (1,541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I might be misunderstanding so clarify it for me. You landed and felt like you were lucky enough to find one of the strongest guns in the game (the r-99). Looking to take advantage of that you waited for your opponent who dropped you with a weapon that was effectively stronger in that situation. You think that losing to a stronger gun was unfair there? Seems selfish unless there's something I'm missing.

Without the disruptor your opponent could have the same argument as you.

Message 7 of 18 (1,530 Views)

★★★ Guide

Honestly... having no shield means a fast death with or without hopups on the guns of a enemy. 

"Be quick or be dead"

Message 8 of 18 (1,519 Views)

★★ Novice
@Werawulfaz Yeah, I agree. Any gun is viable against no shield 😂
Message 9 of 18 (1,511 Views)

Champion

It all boils down to player accuracy frankly, you're only gonna feel like you've been truly shredded by an accurate player, and if that's the case its going to matter very little  what weapon they're using.

That being said i do agree the long range pot shots with with the disruptor hop up are pretty aggravating, especially in third party situations.

Its a shame the shield dmg effect doesn't decrease over range as it just seems wrong for a smg to still be effective over the range its intended for.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 18 (1,497 Views)