Re: Devotion nerf possibility

by JusturAverageguy

Original Post

Devotion nerf possibility

★★★★ Novice

So after playing over 70hrs in game and adjusting to gameplay getting comfortable I’ve found that 90% of the time I’m always running up on a guy with a devotion which is able to completely destroy you incredibly fast. Unlike peacekeeper which does a lot of damage but has a rotating shot pattern causing inconsistent damage unless close enough and wingman which seems to have a weird recoil timing to hit shots at times when it looks like your not hitting when you obviously are aiming correctly the devotions spin up has become something that strikes fear into all, even highly skilled players.

my idea is no headshot multiplier on this gun or something to just slightly reduce dps, since compared to all guns with no extended mag this gun does over 700 damage while spitfire is only close second with mid 600. Even though spitfire can use mag it’s slow fire rate evens it out when you are facing fast moving characters and still takes way longer to down fully kitted enemy compared to what feels like getting shot by four rounds of a devotion and getting downed. This last part is based on my In game feel and I’m not saying it’s accurate because a lot happens when your in the thick of it. Overall I am fine being killed by someone with amazing aim on peacekeeper/wingman when I could not outmaneuver or perform but it is very tiresome consistently getting nailed by all types of players with a devotion. (When you hear it it’s usually to late if your already in its sights) You can ask any knowledgeable apex gamer and all say it’s best weapon in game that alone says nerf. In my opinion multiple guns should be in that debate and also give the mosabiqe how ever you spell it a buff atleast 5 in chamber.

Message 1 of 10 (1,607 Views)

★★ Guide
Yeah well its kinda balanced by its rare ammunition, i throw it away after 2-3 kills because i can't keep up with feeding it ammo. I personally prefer spitfire, yeah devotion rocks better at close range with supercharger but spitfire rocks at medium and killing multiple squads.
Message 2 of 10 (1,599 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree at times the ammo is hard to find but then at times you go to a place and find loads of it. I would not have posted anything but that one weapon is what I run up against it so much in top 5 scenarios and it kills you so fast it’s kinda unfair.

Message 3 of 10 (1,557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Abuse it's spin up time. step in and out and in and out of cover. If your opponent keeps shooting while you are in cover, ammo will run out fast... else dps stays low.

Message 4 of 10 (1,512 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tbh it still needs a need though you are right what happens if you have no good cover then the devotion with easily rip you to shreds I think a nerf would be a small damage reduction like to 10 Dmg-12dmg per shot let me know your thoughts

Message 5 of 10 (1,424 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Nerf not need
Message 6 of 10 (1,423 Views)

★★★ Newbie
And will not with
Message 7 of 10 (1,422 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update devotion seems more balanced after you adjust your play style but sucks if your a big dude so I do not play them anymore. It shreds but the same thing can be said about the r-99 which is amazing with great aim and good for most everyone once purple mag equipped. I think after all the time in game it boils down to specific weapons having a very superior aspect to them even when stock but once you deck out the majority of the weapons you get a lot of well balanced guns.

Message 8 of 10 (1,342 Views)

★ Apprentice
nerf not really needed she isn t so easy to handle and the ammo ist pretty low in most spots.
Message 9 of 10 (1,301 Views)

★ Guide

It's very ammo-hungry and has a ramp-up speed.
If you're caught in close range in the open by Devotion you're probably running with a Peacemaker and missed your first shot.

The gun can be outplayed and only way it can wreck you is in CQC when you're exposed. It's only reedeming aspect is it's kill potential if conditions are met.

Like that time I've heard a squad in a small shack, dropped Lifeline drop right next to it and hiden underneath - the enemy squad rushed out for lootz without checking around and I've gotten 2 easy kills with just Wraith getting away just so my teammate could kill her in said shack.

Message 10 of 10 (1,294 Views)