Deathbox Enable-Disable loot - Respawn Gift

by dazzlenuts

Original Post

Deathbox Enable-Disable loot - Respawn Gift

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Just a thought for having an option to allow/deny loot for squad mates so that if you have died, you have an option to allow or deny squad member to loot from your dead-box.

Also, when you re spawn a squad member, any item ranging from level 2 to 3 pops from the respawn beacon.

Message 1 of 6 (536 Views)

Re: Deathbox Enable-Disable loot - Respawn Gift

Community Manager

It would be interesting to have a a feature to toggle the ability to loot your death box, but I find that in a lot of situations where I'm playing with my buddies they can find items in my death box useful if they have a quick few seconds to loot it during a firefight (like grabbing my shield instead of burning shield cells to repair theirs or grabbing more grenades). 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 6 (502 Views)

★★★ Pro
That's a bad idea, if you're dead then you have no use of those items and it may help your team long enough to revive you, loot can always be scavenged back and allies usually only go for shields and consumables anyway unless it's early game so you'll have a weapon atleast, or if they're good (like me :D ) they'll drop a weapon at the beacon so you don't get caught with your pants down by someone trying to farm that stupid badge
Message 3 of 6 (498 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Bad idea, the whole concept builds on to be able to receive items from your teammates.

Message 4 of 6 (448 Views)

I would love an option to grab all the loot out of my death box when I get spawned back in. Just a quick tap of the action key and I get it all rather than having to select everything individually and waste precious time I usually don't have.
Message 5 of 6 (428 Views)

★ Guide
This is 1 of the worst ideas I see popping up, couple this with penalty for leavers and you're going to absolutely murder the player base. Lets go over why this is such a terrible idea, shall we?

You died because your teammates wasn't there, so being the petty little child you are you deny them looting your box. You had better armor and their armor is destroyed so they have an opportunity to loot your box and get a quick armor recharge, except they can't because you're petty and vindictive. They win the fight anyways, then decide that because YOU were being a petty little child, THEY are going to be a petty little child and they're not going to revive you to 'teach you a lesson'. Their ego soars to heights its never seen before, they're actually Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet. So now imagine a leaver penalty in place, they have your banner and they know that if you leave you'll be penalized. It's a win for their ego and now you're forced to sit there and watch the rest of the game like an idiot, hoping they revive you, or you leave and get penalized for it. 

Never implement this, or leaver penalties. I refuse to play a game where I'm at the mercy of randoms on the internet.
Message 6 of 6 (375 Views)