Original Post

Charge rifle nerf wasnt enough

★★★★ Guide

Got hit for 150 in 2 shots in my legs while I was bringing back my team

Leg shots shouldnt do as much as body

Message 3 of 20 (1,216 Views)

Charge rifle

★★★ Newbie

Honestly, if you are just going to keep messing with the charge rifle go ahead and take it out of the game, because quite frankly I’m tired of hearing about it, charge rifle this charge rifle that, a little news flash, if you are going to put something new in the game and keep messing with it, then don’t f’g put it, period, if you want to fix anything, and do something useful for once, fix the armor, I mean, a purple armor should not be a two shot kill, and fix all the bugs of the game crashing, I mean damn, if a person can’t learn to play and move out of the way of a gun, then that’s on them.

Message 1 of 20 (1,132 Views)

Charge Rifle thread - AGAIN

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Do you guys i mean the balancing department play the game the same way as us or they just creat custom game and * off to each other like Riot did? Because Riot suck @mkons at balancing their game too. You completely miss the entire point of WHY THE CHARGE RIFLE OVERPOWERED in the first place: NO. BULLET. DROP. Really you guys think by increasing the ammo cost people would turn back to the old Triple Take or the Longbow? NO. THEY JUST GONNA LOOT MORE AMMO. How could you guys not seen this?

Let me remind you guys why the CR is overpowered:

- No bullet drop. This single aspect of this gun is already outperform all the other sniper rifle in the game.

- Damage is too high. 1 shot is already enough to tear down almost completely purple armor. Blue and White armor stand no chance to survive the second shot if CF being used by good player. Only 2 shoot are needed to completely break down gold armor.  

- Hipfire is too accurate. It can act as a short-medium range shotgun incredibly effective, especially against big hitbox target like Caustic or Bloodhound

- The map is just too perfect for this gun to shine on. Too many large open area with little to no cover which make high ground control extremly lethal and make this gun even more dangerous

Suggestion: Right now you need to butch this gun out from the game completely pending a rework. This abomination is causing enough damage to the community already. Everyone hate it. Here is some advise:

- Remove it completely from the game or put it into care package only with limited ammo.

- Has a range of effectiveness limit on the gun and more brutally damage drop off. Let's say 150m. Any distance further than that will simply deal no damage at all.

Message 2 of 20 (1,147 Views)

Re: Charge rifle nerf wasnt enough

★★★ Pro

You were standing still and I am sure the person who shot you were under 150 meters in range. Seems like you got hit perfectly twice in a row which would be enough to kill anyone with white armor. 

And I don't believe leg damage counts at all. It will hit you for 45 to the body and has a headshot multiplier for 1.25 which would turn the 45 into a 56. 

The only way to test Leg Damage is the Firing Range when it comes out. In real matches, it's hard to confirm if there really is leg damage or not to the weapon. 

Message 4 of 20 (1,178 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Doesnt matter. A sniper shouldn't hit for 100 in the legs as a hit scan with very little drop off damage. Any other sniper I live but this easy mode sniper that's still broken after TWO NERFS is ridiculous. The fire rate is still too fast. No on asked for this gun

Message 5 of 20 (1,172 Views)

★ Pro

At this point it’s safe to say that it doesn’t even classify as a sniper rifle anymore. It’s a large scale beam weapon with minimal clip size and the highest reload time. 

Message 6 of 20 (1,165 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
charge rifle do not have a place in apex it's not a "gun" its a laser beam that can down anyone from across the map.
i can be a tiny dot in your screen you wont see me even after i shoot you and get you in 2 shots this laser beam has to go !!!
Message 7 of 20 (1,128 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, while the nerf was a step in the right direction the bottom line is this weapon still does too much damage for its ease of use.  They need to nerf the damage once and for all.

Message 8 of 20 (1,094 Views)

Charge rifle

★★★ Newbie

This charge rifle needs to be * nerfed it really sucks wen they can hit you from far away n not even accurate shots it needs nerfed way down or removed In my opinion

Message 9 of 20 (1,110 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry   The attention given to the Charge Rifle is much appreciated, but after playing the game for a few days since the last update to it, I hate the report that the changes to the Charge Rifle are not enough.

There are two issues with the Charge Rifle that make it an Overpowered weapon which is severely degrading game play on the new map and are why you are seeing so many angry posts from players about it:

Ease of Use and Damage, one of these need to be addressed and nerfed. 

If you want to keep the damage the CR outputs, then you need to make it much more difficult to use, ala Longbow/Kraber style.  It is just way too easy to hit a full damage shot with this weapon, even at short range.  With the mag nerf, players can still get off 4 shots in fairly quick fashion, enough to devastate a teams shields and down one of them, all while sitting in a safe camping position, with little threat of repercussions, it's very difficult to dodge CR shots because of the Hitscan and the way it slows you down when you get - tracking a target with a CR using it's hitscan is insanely easy, unlike a Longbow where you have to lead and account for bullet drop.  Add in 2 or more on a team using it and it's absolutely devastating.  The CR is such a problem because when it's put in the hand of really good players it gives them a completely unfair advantage.  It's just too easy to use.

If the same players try to do this with a Longbow, Kraber or Triple Take they are not going to be nearly as effective unless they are extremely skilled at these weapons, and that's exactly how snipers should be, the CR doesn't fit into how other snipers in the game work.

If you want to keep ease of use, then please nerf the damage ala Triple Take style.  The Triple Take is very easy to use, it just doesn't output as much damage, if you use the choke it's even harder to hit - this is a really well balanced weapon.  If people are going to beam players with an easy to use Hitscan rifle then the damage it inflicts should be much lower.  

I'm not sure what is the correct answer, but please realize that for most players the CR is in a bad state and it makes the game less fun to play.  Thank you.

Message 10 of 20 (1,090 Views)