Re: Charge Rifle has no place in a competitive game.

by Overkill_Reaper

Original Post

Charge Rifle has no place in a competitive game.

★ Novice

Please remove the charge rifle from Apex Legends. It requires no skill, and ruins the competitive atmosphere. If you won't remove it, then at least make it a care package weapon only. 

I don't understand why you would nerf things like the long bow that require skill, and then turn around and introduce the most broken gun in any fps I've ever played in my 31 years on this earth. If a gun requires no skill, then it should have little damage output, and the opposite, like the kraber for example, requires a lot of skill and is rewarded with high damage. 

The only people who enjoy the Charge Rifle are the bottom tier players. It was clearly introduced for said players, but there are games like COD that are for casuals. This is a competitive game, and again, the charge rifle has no place in it. Remove it, as you removed disrupter rounds. No hit scan weapon should be able to 2 shot you from 300 meters out. Every squad runs this gun, there are far too many of them. It should be much more rare on the drop table if you ignorantly refuse to remove it. 

Whoever is behind the ideas that introduced the Disrupter Rounds, and Charge Rifle needs to be transferred to a different department. How can you guys seriously keep adding broken skill-less items like this. 

Sincerely, 

A VERY annoyed Apex Predator

Message 1 of 5 (730 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The peacekeeper and r-99 are far more overpowered than the charge rifle. Yes, Its definitely arguable the charge rifle could use a nerf. That being said however, It’s not even in the same ball park as the other two mentioned. 

Message 2 of 5 (674 Views)

★ Novice

I agree the peacekeeper needs a nerf, it shouldn't do over 100 damage without it being a headshot in my opinion. However the 99 has already seen a nerf, it requires skill to stay on target. Regardless, neither the peacekeeper are as game breaking as the Charge Rifle. 

Message 3 of 5 (651 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Personally, I find it far easier to abuse the r-99 than charge rifle. We’ll just have to agree to disagree. 

Message 4 of 5 (641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I wouldnt say the kraber requires high levels of skill to use since a limb shot will break armor and it can 2 shot pretty much anything.  However I will say its kinda dumb that the charge rifle, a hitscan weapon, does more damage than the longbow, a weapon dedicated to sniping with a low bullet velocity.

Message 5 of 5 (613 Views)