Re: Charge Rifle Will end up getting a nerf this season

by JDOGMcFUZZL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Charge Rifle Will end up getting a nerf this season

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I'm shocked there's no threads.

First of all, I thought this weapon was garbage when I first used it. I was wrong. In fact, it's too strong. I'll explain why.

The Charge Rifle is a sniper that is a damage over time and a hit scan type of weapon. The damage over time is when you're about to shoot your target. These ticks are 15 ticks of 3 damage. Meaning, all 15 ticks land before the beam snipe is 45 tick damage. The Beam Body Shot damage is 45. Meaning, if all 15 ticks + body shot land = 90 damage. 

Why is this broken? It also because the beam body shot damage is capable of headshot multipler. The multiplier seems to be 1.25. This means headshot damage from no helmet to a lvl 3/4 is the following 56/54/48/45.

Why is this broken? A Level 3 or 4 helmet is a freaking body shot. You will get hit for 45 damage headshot with this thing no matter what if you are full purple or gold. That is broken. 

This is not counting people who take 5% more damage or 15% less damage. I'm talking about the base and over all damage if you are 100% accurate.

How will this weapon be nerfed? I predict the tick damage will become 2 making it 30 tick damage overall, or they will remove the headshot multiplier or lower the ticks from 15 to 10 or something. Body shot damage might become 40 from 45. And to compensate. They might reward it by buffing the headshot damage but increase the charge time of the beam sniper?

I am just guessing how they will nerf it. 

Do the testing yourself, you will change your mind like I did. The weapon is a free body shot even if you are maxed out no matter what helmet you have that is level 3 or 4. 

No other sniper in this game is a free bodyshot and headshot. The headshot damage is rewarded for the G7/Triple/Longbow and Kraber. 

The Charge Rifle is not rewarded for it's headshot. I do see the headshot getting buffed due to the nerfs that will hit this weapon. 

Edit: 

I did the headshot damage wrong a little but it is this from zero helmet to no helmet 56/50/45/42

Still Level 3/4 is 42 headshot damage which is almost a body shot. This is still a problem. 

Message 1 of 15 (2,981 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Leo_the_Lion25Also there is no drop-off range and you can literally hit people from much further than any other sniper with perfect accuracy

View in thread

Message 4 of 15 (2,855 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Leo_the_Lion25 Only the targeting damage is ridiculous enough, but if you add the actual shot now that is op
Message 2 of 15 (2,930 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Leo_the_Lion25 I would believe a nerf would be in order within the month.
Message 3 of 15 (2,917 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Leo_the_Lion25Also there is no drop-off range and you can literally hit people from much further than any other sniper with perfect accuracy

Message 4 of 15 (2,856 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Ops, didn't mean to accept that as the solution lol. Was giving you 1 XP

Anyway, yeah. I learned that today from a video that said it 100% accurate in the air. This makes Jump pad and zippline useful with the Charge Rifle. 

There's no reason to nerf that part of it. It's a pro usage to it. Every weapon should have a pro and a con. 

The issue so far is that there aren't any real con to using the Charge Rifle. I think the devs need to consider the power of this weapon and give it some con. 

It's just too good. Doesn't even need a barrel mod and can be maxed very quickly with extended mags and sniper stock. The only thing that you need to consider is what scope you're good at using with it. 

Message 5 of 15 (2,846 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah it needs a nerf it takes a single play session to understand that it's unbalanced. Respawn add it to the game with a really common rate of finding them and now we have to play test their game for weeks with this unbalanced crap before they address it. It's a stupid design and makes you wonder if they even play their own game?

People already have suggestions as to how to fix it like making the charge drain a large chunk of energy ammo instead of using 1 ammo each shot.

Message 6 of 15 (2,725 Views)

★★★ Pro

The ammo needs to be increased then. If it drained 15 ammo for the ticks and 1 ammo for the beam it be 16 ammo a shot. So ammo needs to be around 48 if you want three shots default. . I think it should consume more ammo too. 

Message 7 of 15 (2,672 Views)

★★★ Pro

Balance changes need to be a little faster. Charge Rifle is clearly broken. How I go down in only two hits with 200 Health and Level 1 helmet? 

Message 8 of 15 (2,539 Views)

★ Guide

Charge rifle is to good. It needs i huge nerf. 

Message 9 of 15 (2,430 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Agreed.  This weapon is too strong.  Combined with the stats of the weapon which you outlined, the numerous long sight lines and very little cover between named sections of the map make it even stronger.  

So many times I've been moving in one of the open areas, no enemies around, then I take a few shots from the Charge Rifle from some guy a good distance away and go down without even the chance to fight back or find cover.

Message 10 of 15 (2,384 Views)