Re: Can we please get full body shields!?

by RedpawsQ

Original Post

Can we please get full body shields!?

★★ Guide

I'm sorry but knockdown shields do nothing, literally someone is shooting through my shield in front of me like wtf. Plus we can't even turn around fast enough so we can prevent them from shooting behind us. I understand the "finishing your kill" but if that's the case take out knockdown shields entirely cause they're not helping. 

Here's the idea so it can be balanced;

1) Full body knockdown shields

2) you cannot move while deploying your body shield (except for gold) 

3) Same health

Message 1 of 9 (522 Views)

★★★ Guide
@DreNH17 They were legitimately broken for a while and didn't block damage lol.
But as they stand they are only useful to stop long range finishes. If someone is right next to you, then you are screwed.
A full 360 degree dome of protection knockdown would be a major game changer. Teammates can already hide behind the current version. Your change would make every knockdown a mini Gibraltar dome. That would allow teammates to hide / dance inside downed players shields. Not something I want to constantly go against.
Message 2 of 9 (462 Views)

★★ Guide
@Pallo420 You can still destroy it tho, it's just like regular KS but it's all around you, there's honestly useless cause not everybody kills from a distance.
Message 3 of 9 (459 Views)

★ Guide
@DreNH17 They arent meant to completely prevent you from dyeing, they prevent you from being instantly thirsted even at close range with a mastiff you have to jump around and take some time to thirst a kill.
Message 4 of 9 (441 Views)

★★ Guide
@Westhebird I understand that, but even still people just shoot trough it when they're super close to you. Like I said it has the same health as the normal knockdown shield so I'm pretty sure it's not that bad.
Message 5 of 9 (430 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DreNH17 Ehh I mean those knockdown shields really are just a small line of defense- something to give a player a "fighting chance". It gets the job done really- for what it's supposed to do. I've seen these "skilled" players blow loads of ammo into purple Knockdown shields... so, it's working -just... somewhere, in the world.
Message 6 of 9 (425 Views)

★ Guide
@DreNH17 Knockdown shield health goes up to 750, nobody has time to destroy that in a fight. If you get knocked too far away for your team to help then you should and probably will end up dead. If you dont want to die stay close to your team.
Message 7 of 9 (413 Views)

★★ Guide
@Westhebird Yea, ok
Message 8 of 9 (409 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I wouldn't mind if the knockdown covered more area (especially above) in exchange for slightly less health. Or, at least for the purple and gold. 750 is quite a lot. Maybe 600?
Message 9 of 9 (386 Views)