Re: Bullet velocity too low

by PraetorOfOlea

Original Post

Bullet velocity too low

★★★★ Apprentice

Like the topic says, I've never seen a game where you have to lead your shots so much... in close combat.

Add some laggy situation in the beggining of the game and you won't hit anything as the guy you are shooting is teleporting and you are throwing rocks at it.

The bullets travel at ridiculously low speeds.

I don't mind adjusting for bullet drop and leading on longer ranges, but man this is the future we are playing in and compared to WW1/WW2 shooters these remind me more or muskets compared to real guns.

So add bullet velocity but more drag/gravity effect to balance the bullet drop, which is fine by the way.

Message 1 of 15 (7,634 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I do think some guns definitely need a boost to bullet velocity but I don't think it's as bad as you're describing.

Longbow DMR should have higher bullet velocity than the G7 Scout for instance...

Other weapons with questionably low bullet velocity for their item group

VK-47 Flatline, why should it be lowest? You can't even get a barrel attachment. The Hemlok (relatively certain the hemlok has a similar fire rate if you do semi-auto and spam click as well) and R-301 are better choices for mid and late-game leaving the flatline behind.

Mozambique, 40% slower bullet velocity than the EVA-8 and Peacekeeper is pretty brutal especially since this gun is pretty meh for damage to begin with.

Also the Devotion has an oddly high bullet velocity being the highest in the game. It makes sense that the energy bullets have high velocity but it doesn't make sense that the Devotion has higher bullet velocity than the Triple-Take, especially when you also consider that the Spitfire has slower bullet velocity compared to the Longbow DMR.
Message 2 of 15 (7,614 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Comanglia  It's close to medium range I'm talking about.

It's like there's an acceleration problem or something, sometimes I have to lead shots a lot with most guns at <50m, coming from any shooter it's unnatural.

Maybe it's input lag/regular network lag, I can't put my finger on it but I know it's consistent and feels different from any game, even Titanfall 2 with weapons of the same class.

With some guns it's not an issue, never with the peacekeeper or the wingman.

I'm fine with the long range weapons and that you have to lead shots, it comes naturally but when you have to do that with an SMG when you are in their faces it does not.

Message 3 of 15 (7,605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I think the opposite. Bullet speed in Apex compared to BF series is as fast as there, and faster in general than in PUBG. Sniper rifles shall be boosted (like in BF5 with the high velocity specialization) and with increased damage over 250m or so because as it is a sniper cannot kill anyone in shield and helmet, even with two hits. no more dmr fights in apex as it is....

Just look at PUBG, where you need to lead your aim by an insane (unreal, sick) degree on any range. In Apex I did not notice the need for leading aim at all, the opposite it is way too tight (arcade like, you always hit when the target is in the middle of your sight, hitmarkers confirms this...).

I think you may have a poor net connection if you need leading your aim in Apex.

Message 4 of 15 (7,549 Views)

★★★ Guide

The longbow is really slow. It should be much faster, in its current state most players can easily strafe and avoid getting hit, not to mention it's easier for them to strafe since everyone is using wingman because Respawn have yet to balance their game.

Message 5 of 15 (7,545 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I find Scout riffle to be the worst thing at long range, bullet falls as if you are throwing a rock. . . Longbow and Trippletake arnt that bad

Message 6 of 15 (7,531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I find it to be the other way around, Longbow's bullet drops like a rock and I have to aim 3 dots up on the site just to get a shot on their foot. Scout though I can generally just aim directly at them and boom head shots for days!

I always assumed that the velocity and bullet drop had some kind of relation to the type of ammo it used. The heavy ammo being slower with higher bullet drop, but obviously higher damage. Light ammo getting higher velocity and less bullet drop, but weaker in damage. I am not sure how true this is, but that's how it feels in game.

I have only really ever had a gripe with the bullet drop on the longbow, It's gigantic for the fact that it's a sniper rifle. I am shooting guys not even 50M away, and the bullet is hitting their foot when I aimed at their head. I can even be at high elevation, and somehow shooting downward still makes the bullet drop, what even is that?\

As for velocity, well I can't disagree that sometimes it does feel like it is lacking in short to mid range. I am not saying you shouldn't have to lead at all, but sometimes it does seem strange that I have to lead a foot off their body to hit them, when I am no more then 5 feet away.

Message 7 of 15 (7,504 Views)

★★★ Guide

Triple Take is slightly faster than the G7 Scout 3rd Longbow and Kraber is slowest. I think the G7 Scout is the best sniper in game.

Message 8 of 15 (7,487 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

im mainly pissed about the bullet velocity of the wingman and the weapon sway. someone was ziplining 10 metres away from me and i had to lead my shots?!?!?!?! id be fine with the boosted loader gone and -1 bullet per mag if they could give a buff to the fire rate and the range of the wingman. the introduction of the boosted loader was like putting a bandaid on the knee of someone suffering from a brain tumor; everyone thinks its cool but it does nothing to the core problem with the softbal- wingman. i also think that something like this would be  buff to mnk as mnk excels at range which the wingman lacks right now.

Message 9 of 15 (4,380 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

From what I can tell, most guns in apex are actually sub 700 feet per second, despite the devs reporting higher. Battlefront has faster shots...
I don't think the devs have ever used a real gun because those sumbetches shoot upwars of 1500+ feet per SECOND for mid calibur rifle rounds. Pistols are slow, but even in Apex, they feel TOO slow.
Then you add in how people can gain an instant speed boost by sliding into a jump and it's just all kinds of messed up. Even Titanfall 1 had a better system.

Message 10 of 15 (4,356 Views)