Buff the spitfire

by Blasian311

Original Post

Re: Buff the spitfire

[ Edited ]

@SolitaryMassacreI think the damage was changed from 20>18 and mag size was reduced slightly.

https://progameguides.com/news/apex-legends-1-1-1-patch-notes-caustic-gibraltar-buffed-wingman-spitf...

Message 11 of 16 (448 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@xx_Dante2k_xx Yeah so no reason to buff it in my mind. It is great how it is. Lets focus on other weapons that need buffs/nerfs.
Message 12 of 16 (436 Views)

★★★ Pro
@xx_Dante2k_xx It was 20 damage, 40 headshots, 15 leg shot damage and had 60 in the purple extended mags before the nerfs.

Message 13 of 16 (413 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Leo_the_Lion25Yea as it pretty much says on the link.

Message 14 of 16 (409 Views)

★ Pro

@Blasian311 wrote:
@DarthVaaparso what I'm getting from longest sustained fire is that it's use is suppressing because player with sense would run for cover. And with this lower rate of fire combined with this low damage they should be healed up in no time. Return the fire back to me with a flatline which hits harder and faster and I'm knocked.

But that’s the whole point. You exchange fire, they have to reload, but you don’t with a Spitfire. It just keeps on shooting. You should be knocking them on their way to cover since it never stops firing. 

Message 15 of 16 (391 Views)

Community Manager

In my experience the Spitfire is best as a secondary weapon. As tempting as it is to use like a spooled-up Devotion, it just doesn't have that "run in and wipe everyone" power.

However that massive mag size lets you keep on pressuring when more bursty teammates need to reload, or that wraith is making a run for it, or if you want to pop a few low-risk shots at someone without worry about leaving yourself with a shallow mag. 

Its niche is consistently being able to bring damage, rather than being a frontline ambush weapon. 

Just my 2c, keep it comin'. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 16 of 16 (345 Views)