Re: Buff the spitfire

by Leo_the_Lion25

Original Post

Buff the spitfire

★ Guide

The spitfire is an LMG it should hit harder than an assault rifle. Why is it that the flatline does more damage while having a higher rate of fire than the spitfire? 14 body for spitty. 18 for flat. Spitfire should be doing 20 body shots.

Message 1 of 16 (662 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

Spitfire does 18 to the body, 14 to the legs and 36 to the head.

It does need a buff though. i like to see 19 body, 15 leg, 38 head

Message 2 of 16 (652 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Blasian311 I'd be in favor of a damage buff if the fire rate is decreased slightly
Message 3 of 16 (639 Views)

★ Guide
@Leo_the_Lion25 The flatline does 19 to body. Spitfire should be hitting harder than the flatline.
Message 4 of 16 (616 Views)

★ Guide
@SolitaryMassacre I don't see the reason for the decrease in rof.
Message 5 of 16 (615 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Blasian311

First - No, it shouldn't hit harder than the flatline. Look at the mag size. You can already do crazy amounts of damage with the spitfire. If you buff the damage, then it becomes unbalanced like the peacekeeper. This is why I say nerf the rof to balance it out a little
Message 6 of 16 (601 Views)

★ Pro

No to buffing the Spitfire. It had the longest sustained fire of any weapon in the game, by far. It’s around twice as long as any other weapon. It suffers at close range, sometimes, but excelled at medium. It’s fine. 

Message 7 of 16 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SolitaryMassacreWell if that's the case then nerf the magazine and buff the damage because I've never witness someone squeeze a whole magazine and I've never squeezed a whole magazine except at the firing range. Hardly anybody picks it up over an ar for medium range combat. 

Message 8 of 16 (519 Views)

★ Guide
@DarthVaapar so what I'm getting from longest sustained fire is that it's use is suppressing because player with sense would run for cover. And with this lower rate of fire combined with this low damage they should be healed up in no time. Return the fire back to me with a flatline which hits harder and faster and I'm knocked.
Message 9 of 16 (511 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Blasian311 I use the spitfire to take on a lot of people. I can and have wiped entire squads with one purp mag of the spitfire. It is a very powerful gun that can do a lot of damage if you hit your shots. I say buff damage but nerf rof because it gives the opponent time to react. Won't just simply mow them over. If I recall correctly, the spitfire received a damage nerf in the past because it was too much, and I agree with it. I think where it is now, is the perfect spot for it.
Message 10 of 16 (479 Views)