Buff the Sentinel

by Eyup_Erdem19

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Buff the Sentinel

★ Apprentice

I think Sentinel is a really good addition to the game but in my opinion we cant even compare it with Longbow because it is so clear that Longbow is definetely better in every way, show this gun some love and increase the damage to the body at least 75 because lets say you hit a revenant for 68 damage by the time you take the next bullet to the chamber He will already be gone(ım not even saying wraith, pathfinder,or bangalore because you know once you take that shot they will be gone in a second we all know that) but if you have Longbow or Triple Take, you can definetely deal more damage to your target with these weapons so please please Respawn show this weapon some love its a bolt action sniper and I think players need to be rewarded with more damage. 

Message 1 of 18 (1,347 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Buff the Sentinel

Community Manager

75 chest is a big change, notably bringing it to the 2 hit breakpoint on white armour, and a 1 hit headshot. Or would you nerf the headshot multiplier for it?

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (1,334 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

75 chest is a big change, notably bringing it to the 2 hit breakpoint on white armour, and a 1 hit headshot. Or would you nerf the headshot multiplier for it?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 18 (1,335 Views)

★★★ Pro

Sentinel is fine where it at in my opinion. I do however think that the Fast heals passives and golden armor should make the charge shot faster. That is still 5 seconds by default and not 3.75 seconds or 2.5 when you do have fast heals. 

I will say that the only sniper that should be hitting for 75 damage is the Triple Take. Triple take should be doing 25/50/75 damage in my honest opinion. But that is just me. The headshot for it would become 50/100/150. 

Message 3 of 18 (1,328 Views)

★ Guide
@Eyup_Erdem19 I would think that it needs a bullet width buff if anything. Or may give it a special abilty where it slow anyone to a crawl,enough so if you're a marksman,you can have a follow-up shot
Message 4 of 18 (1,282 Views)

★★ Expert
@wattzon16 I don’t think it would really need too much of a buff. The bullet width might be good, but the slow ability would be a bit too powerful. If they did add that kind of thing in the game, it should be on a new gun, because putting on the sentinel would just make the sentinel have too many cool features.
Message 5 of 18 (1,270 Views)

@EA_David Sentinel needs to be 70 body, 110 head, and the charge shot should do a minimum damage of 90. It balances it:
1. You can't 2 shot a white armor with standard rounds
2. It makes the hits rewarding for the long chambering animation vs. the longbow's fire rate.
3. The charge shot doesn't get wasted on a blue or white shield and the battery you used it wasted. If you hit a blue or white you either lose damage (white) or only do 8 more than a normal shot. It should do no more than cracking purple or gold though and once it hits all flesh again it goes back to regular damage of 70.
4. Head shot is simple. You hit a head shot for 110 and then a 70 body it doesn't wipe them but they are on final health.

I think that's a very balanced way to buff it as well as increase bullet size a bit. Right now it is too small and not worth picking up in my opinion.
Message 6 of 18 (1,222 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I say remove it entirely. The sent, has no place in this game and isnt needed. This game already has tons of guns that are completely useless and on top of that the game has loot spawning issues that for some reason it isnt being addressed.

The game needs to be balanced for better consistency and fun. The heavy RNG of bad guns or no guns at all is not fun. I am a new comer and I only have about 150+ hours and I am already kinda hating this game and its mainly because there are worthless guns in the game like a sentinel. Don't even get me started on the havoc or the MOZAmPOOP .......

Message 7 of 18 (1,216 Views)

★★ Pro
@Eyup_Erdem19 Due to it's slow fire rate, I don't use it to compete with other snipers, more as a medium range conflict starter that cracks the shields of an enemy so that I can finish them off with my secondary. Slap a 2x on that bad boy, match it with a hammer-point weapon and watch the magic happen.
Message 8 of 18 (1,199 Views)

★★ Expert
@ALLGREY001 It isn’t that bad. It is ok at worst, so don’t say it’s useless.
Besides, even if a gun isn’t as good as others doesn’t mean that we should remove it. Think about it, there would be so much less variety and fun if there was only one or two guns in each category.
Even the “MOZamPOOP” can be an okay weapon in the right hands. It’s hop up allows you to literally one shot a person without shields.
Message 9 of 18 (1,178 Views)

★ Guide

And what about making snipers deadlier with extra range-damage, like + 0.1 damage per meter. It would be more rewarding hitting someone from far away instead of dealing 68dmg on body every time, since snipering isn't the easiest thing(except charge rifle).

Message 10 of 18 (1,118 Views)